• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need help in WI!!!

Gator4x

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all,
Fatty Patty and I just got in from bustin ass on installing my lift kit all day. We're not anywhere done. Part of the reason we ain't dun is that the smallest leaf of my right rear spring pack was found to be in two pieces when it was disassembled.

Being the cheap bastard that I am I bought an AAL kit instead of full spring packs. If ANYONE within a couple hours drive of Milwaukee has some 3.5" to 4.5" full spring packs laying around, stock ones in good shape or knows of a junkyard open on Sunday with some XJ's layin around, the help would be much appreciated. I can meet you anywhere within a couple hours drive with cash for the parts.

TIA,
Nick

almost forgot...mines a 1995 4door 4x4 Cherokee sport w/o tow package. I know stock springs come in H.D. and plain variety-HD are preferred, but I'll take what I can get at this point...

He ain't kiddin' guys. If you have ever thought about it breaking it happened to us. Rear shock bolts, f-ed up shackle bolts.

I think this means that my lift will go smoothly........:scottm:

hahaha I sure as shit hope so since I owe you now! LOL I'm thinkin we should find some S-10 leaves at yard tomorrow dude... would be better even than using a stock spring pack with the AAL...

Nobody gots their stock junk layin around?

If you can wait until next week I've got stock leaves I can send some small ones to you. They are in my parts XJ, and its locked up at my work.

Hey, I think I've got mine laying around at work somewhere still. I don't know if they're the H.D. or anything but they aren't to beaten down because they're off an 01. I can go take a look in a little while. PM me if you want.

Mike

We ended up finding a pick 'n' pull that was open and used some S10 springs.

This junkyard was bitchin' It's about 2 hours from my house but I am definitly going back down. I didn't get to see the Jeep section but he said there was alot of cherokees there.
I did however see the axle sections and there was alot of cool shit there.
I can't remember the name of the place though

If you are still in need of some parts let me know what you need and I will see if I have it available. I could swing down this afternoon if needed.

Kim.

Kim, thanks for the offer that's awfully nice of ya. I don't THINK I'll need anything, but I appreciate it. The S10/Jeep/Roughcountry AAL bastard pack doesn't look so hot, but it lifted the Jeep a good amount. I'm gonna try it out for a while and see how it does. I'll probably just cave and buy a new spring pack at some point.

Tonight after work I'll be working on dropping the x-fer case and installing the front lift. Looks kinda funny all jacked up in the rear right now, but we're excited to see it finished.

Patrick's the man, I don't know what I woulda done without him! I don't know if he is ever going to want to see me again though after this! hahaha We went through HELL with this thing! LOL!

sure the week i am gone, u guys need help, well i would of helped u out, but glad to see it is all working out. out of curiosity, which pick and pull did u go to. i have had good luck in one on greentree and about 76th. just thought i would throw that out there for you two.

Danny

PS. either of u want to go mudding in cedarburg on sundays on about 80 acres with a shit load of other jacked up trucks, pm me anytime. its is right by 5 corners if you are at all framiliar. lots of people out there everyweek.

Well the truck is pretty much done at his point...err...the lift is anyways... I'm missing some front swaybar bushings, and then the install will be done.

I pulled apart the intake & exhaust manifold to put on a new header and clean out the carbon from the intake. Found much to my surprise that my header wasn't actually cracked. LOL I'm replacing it anyways...ha ha

My friends all think I'm a masochist for doing this lift. Everything fricken broke. Anyway, I learned a hell of a lot and it's rolling now. Needs an alignment badly. I think my LH knuckle is goofed cause the camber is way way off. Couldn't tell with the stock size tires, but with 31's I can see it.

Danny, thanks for the invite! That sounds like some good fun!

later,
Nick

ya, behind the old blackwheel, it is a good time ofn fourwheeler or truck. and ya, my freinds all gave me crap, but i am glad i did. my lift gave me a whole lot of headaches but i got most of them worked out so its all good now.

Danny

Last time I was there I saw a lifted Cherokee, was tryin to find out whos it was (parts n shit) We should out there this weekend and screw around. I can't mud with the truck yet but I bet I can talk my buddy into bringin his rhino again, its a riot. big 31 Mud Lite tires on it.

this sunday i will be out there around 2ish, and i am tryin to get my buddy to come out there with his xj. so if u want to come, i will be rollin in the white xj with the black rims...

Danny

Back