• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need help have been searching with poor results

dzolcali

NAXJA Forum User
I have been searching naxja, and jeep forum and I have not been able to locate a write up/tutorial on how to change the serpentine belt on a 96xj, it doesn't have a tensioner as far as I can see...

another thing I also need help with is replacing the distributor cap and rotor switch, I have them but I have never attempted this before. My friends tell me it's easy just take it off and put the new one back on but since this is my DD I am very cautious before I do stuff. Any write up links, tutorials or visual FAQ's would be awesome

thanks

I just did a cap and rotor for the first time on my '95. It's totally straight forward. Just make sure you mark the orientation of the plug wires before you pull the old one. I was a little worried because one of the cap screws seemed to be siezed, but i put a 1/4" ratchet on it and it ended up coming out fine, just needed a little persuasion. Keep in mind though that there are 2 different rotors (as per personal experience and a racent post here) that may fit your vehicle, so if possible, either take yours with you or check it out before hand to make sure you get the right one the first time.

dzolcali said:
I have been searching naxja, and jeep forum and I have not been able to locate a write up/tutorial on how to change the serpentine belt on a 96xj, it doesn't have a tensioner as far as I can see...

The adjuster is the power steering pump. You'll see an aduster bolt inside the bracket.

http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiB..._us/0900823d/80/15/16/b1/0900823d801516b1.jsp

dzolcali said:
another thing I also need help with is replacing the distributor cap and rotor switch, I have them but I have never attempted this before. My friends tell me it's easy just take it off and put the new one back on but since this is my DD I am very cautious before I do stuff. Any write up links, tutorials or visual FAQ's would be awesome

http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiB..._us/0900823d/80/15/17/3c/0900823d8015173c.jsp

Back