• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NEED HELP ASAP Jeep is in pieces and i gotta go to work tomorrow

Eagle said:
Calm down, Mate.

"Trac-Loc" is not the correct spelling. "Trac-Lok" is the correct spelling. There was only one factory LSD offered for the Dana 44.

wait till i post this diagram that RCP is going to send me,, then lets see what you say.
but thanks for your "help"?

I will still say that "Trac-Loc" is an incorrect spelling and that the only factory offered LSD for the Jeep Dana 44 was spelled "Trac-Lok." That's the way RCP Phx spelled it and that's the way it is spelled in the Factory Service Manual.

Which brings me to suggesting that you really should try to get your hands on a FSM if at all possible. The early FSMs included the Dana 44 axle and the Trac-Lok unit. Not too long ago someone had a link to an '88 FSM that was available on-line for download. If it's still up and someone has the link, that might be just what you need.

hey thanks RCP,,since you went ahead and emailed it to me I will post it here,,,I got so upset because the spelling pissed me off,,if they are going to do that kind of thing, they should at least make the difference known,,and I personally would name the 'snap ring style' "Trac loc" in referencing the c "c" with snap rings(c-clips)
but noooooooooooooooo lol they do it bassackwards.

I am all calmed down in this matter:angel:

I Thank you again RCP phx for the time you spent looking into that for me,, much appreciated! :worship:
d44.gif

Last edited:
Youre not talking sma'k' now are you eagle.

All I have for manauls is the chiltons (sucks) and haynes or hayes, i forget the spelling - and its a little better.
I will try to find a FSM,,,ltr

#1 Jeep didnt make the axle,thats why I love the "Dana" site(you should see Timken's).#2 Alot of times products wererepresented as different things in different vehicles(could be a XJ vs. Eagle thing)!

I know this is a pretty old post, but I am finding the same problem. I have the so-called c-clips type things as well. Will the powertrax for trac lok work with this type of axle? If so, how????

GTsenre said:
I know this is a pretty old post, but I am finding the same problem. I have the so-called c-clips type things as well. Will the powertrax for trac lok work with this type of axle? If so, how????
Hey Bro,, there is no "lunch box" locker for this carrier,, I had to buy an open carrier and send the Limited slip No-Slip to 4wheelers and they inpected it, charged me 25 bucks plus shipping and sent me a No-Slip for an open carrier.
I found the open D44 carrier on E-bay for 15 bucks,, it was from a 2002 tj D44.
can throw away the Limited slop carrier,, not worth crap.

I'm really confused now, how can they be selling one that is clearly labeled for a trac lok carrier!!??? Also, for me the problem is I didn't but it "brand new", I got it from the jeeps unlimited forum. Guess I need to make some phone calls.

91XJ said:
Hey Bro,, there is no "lunch box" locker for this carrier,, I had to buy an open carrier and send the Limited slip No-Slip to 4wheelers and they inpected it, charged me 25 bucks plus shipping and sent me a No-Slip for an open carrier.
I found the open D44 carrier on E-bay for 15 bucks,, it was from a 2002 tj D44.
can throw away the Limited slop carrier,, not worth crap.

Back