• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need blueprints for fixed SYE flange.

ChicksDigWagons said:
I think the Dana 35 pinion yoke is the same as the TC output as well. 27spline IIRC?

That would be too easy... I hope it's true! Instant easy SYE for late model cases! Easier than the ones I've made in the past, anyway.

I was going to tell you that the stock tailcone can be cut off and a seal can be bought that will press into the cut off portion. No need for a seal flange.

But you were mean to me so I won't bother.

Lincoln said:
I was going to tell you that the stock tailcone can be cut off and a seal can be bought that will press into the cut off portion. No need for a seal flange.

But you were mean to me so I won't bother.
Great, now my thread is finished.

Seriously, tell me.

Lawn Cher' said:
That would be too easy... I hope it's true! Instant easy SYE for late model cases! Easier than the ones I've made in the past, anyway.

My mistake. The Dana 35 pinion is a 26 spline.

HOWEVER, I looked into it and the Chrysler 8.25 just happens to be the 27 spline as the output on a 242. The real question is whether the seal is the same or close enough diameter. I will compare the Dana35 pinion seal to the seal on the NP242...just for :moon: and :laugh:

Yes, if it worked out that way making a SYE on the cheap would be easy, and did I mention cheap? Sure, nowhere near as strong as some of the other options but for some of us it doesn't matter.

ChicksDigWagons said:
My mistake. The Dana 35 pinion is a 26 spline.

HOWEVER, I looked into it and the Chrysler 8.25 just happens to be the 27 spline as the output on a 242. The real question is whether the seal is the same or close enough diameter. I will compare the Dana35 pinion seal to the seal on the NP242...just for :moon: and :laugh:

Yes, if it worked out that way making a SYE on the cheap would be easy, and did I mention cheap? Sure, nowhere near as strong as some of the other options but for some of us it doesn't matter.
I checked and a D35 side gear DID fit on the output of the tranny.

This will be what I use for the splined portion of my flange.

Okie Terry said:
I checked and a D35 side gear DID fit on the output of the tranny.

This will be what I use for the splined portion of my flange.

Yeah, the Dana 35 axles are 27 spline, but the Pinion is 26 spline. Those side gears would make a good basis. They weld pretty nicely too.

Back