• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need advice.....help

CajunXJ/ZJ

NAXJA Forum User
I am going to TDS next weekend and will be flat towing me XJ behind my ZJ. I did it 2 weeks ago going to Last chance canyon and it did fine towing but jacknifed once in bakersfeild. I have a welded front diff. with a posi-lock but want to hard lock the front axle with washers (locking the fork in the locked position).
Now here's my question should I wait to hard lock the axle until I get to TDS, or lock it now and remove the front driveshaft. , or do you think it will be fine to hard lock it and just tow it, kinda like having TJ axles with a locker. I could take off the fork housing and remove the fork for the drive then just put the housing back so I don't lose fuild.
Also I'll be driving through LA with it going to LAX to pick upmy rider. Any help would be great, I'm leaving thrusday

leave it unlocked till you get to TDS. the front being discoed is basically making it where the wheels can rotate at different speeds. If you lock the disco. then you will be turning the front tires at the same speed even turns. also I just used a small hose clamp to hold my shift fork to keep it from sliding it is quicker than pulling the fork and putting in wahsers.
DIG IT!

Back