• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need advice about a trade

I think an experienced wheeler could tweak your setup to perform better than you could have imagined. With the right spring rate, shocks and bump stops you should have an awesome performing suspension.

I think an experienced wheeler could tweak your setup to perform better than you could have imagined. With the right spring rate, shocks and bump stops you should have an awesome performing suspension.

Yeah that sounds good john I'm running to a problem wit my long arm kit my d/s upper arm is running into my pinon I don't know if my pinon is off or I'm just not at enough lift I'm running a rock krawler 4 link and I called up to rk and they said they've never really hear of that happeneing I'm wondering if its cause I'm at 4.5 lift with long arms

they sell the 4 link kit with 4.5" .i would definately check out whats going on before going a different route with suspension or a different xj.
i thought the reason you wanted to go back to short arms was because you said you were being stationed some where else and short arms are better in mud? not trying to call you out just curious if this issue with the longarms is making you want short arms.

How's your caster and pinion angle? Running at 5", I never had a problem with hitting my pinion.

and i would deffinately check the pinion angle.
i also saw on rk site that you needed to modify from the manifold back when using the 4 link setup .

i would also check to make sure the axle is centered under the front. the track bar could be to short and pulling the axle to the driverside causing the upper arm to hit the pinion.

Yeah that sounds good john I'm running to a problem wit my long arm kit my d/s upper arm is running into my pinon I don't know if my pinon is off or I'm just not at enough lift I'm running a rock krawler 4 link and I called up to rk and they said they've never really hear of that happeneing I'm wondering if its cause I'm at 4.5 lift with long arms
That happened with mine when I first put it on. What I did was raise the mounting point of the upper arm to the differential with brackets that I made. Has worked awesome ever since.

no havent had time to check anythingvim out the door on sat for afgan so shelbyluvv is going to check it up for me and try and figure it out
thanks guys for all the advice

Back