• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need a arb snorkel template

latenights

NAXJA Forum User
Does anybody have a template for a 96 and older xj for an ARB snorkel by any chance? I just picked one up used and don't really want to drill a 3inch hole in the wrong spot. Bill from ARB sent me one through the email but its in 4 different pages so its not a lot of help.

Tape the pages together...?

That is usually what you do with snorkel templates.

He did the same for me and I never used it. Make your own template that is what I did. I used the location of where Bill said the large hole was from the front fender (I think) and then marked the other holes. You only have to be close since there is a lot of room for adjustment.

If you really want I could meet you off the parkway down south a ways where and you can take any measurements you need from my install.

hey demo, sorry i never got back to you on this. Im actually going to measure everything out now cause the template doesnt seem right. Or maybe I cut and taped the template together wrong? If i cant get it to seem right, I may PM you and take you up on that offer

If need be, I can take measurements off of my rig. It's a '95 two door.

David Bricker / SYR

thanks david but i actually installed it a few days ago, then rerouted the airtube cause i did not like the way arb had it routed at all yesterday. the template he emailed me was close enough the only problem i ran into was i had to move all the holes on the fender up about 3/16 of an inch.

I don't know how they thought that routing like they did was ok?

I went into the box from the side, I flipped my computer and it works perfectly and its protected by the fender.

I dont know either. They put the tube so much in the way. heres my airbox and routing im pretty sure you did the same thing
DSCN0082-1.jpg

DSCN0079-1.jpg

you can see the big hole where it originally ran. very bad spot

Back