• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need a 90 amp external voltage regulator.

Rainman

NAXJA Forum User
I have a RHD 95 xj, the plan at the moment is to go dedicated LPG(propane).
if I do this the pcm is going. as such a voltage regulator for the alternator is going to be required.

I have been researching this from what I have found, 90 amp external voltage regulators are not easy to come by, if someone can recommend one I would be much obliged.
- I have found 60 amp regulators but I fear with lights and winch this will be insufficient.

I'm open to other avenues, more amps would be nice, bosch / delco 3 wire is ok IF it will bolt up.
can the back of the denso alternator be pulled off and a onboard regulator be installed?

I would be very much for a different solution that resulted in a larger capacity alternator installed.

any input welcome.
Regards.

i have just purchased a 96 xj with this system and not knowing aything about it, nothing but a headache and non starting jeep. After trying multiple times starting with the vehicle in nuetral as told by the previous owner now my shift linkage is locked up and doesnt crank over or anything...time to research on how to get it working correctly.:tear:

There are various external voltage regulators that work with Jeep Denso Alternators.

I found this one that works with Denso and other alternators, from 40 to over 100 amp alternators.

Transpo C8313 - Heavy Duty Adjustable Voltage Regulator

• 12 Volt, A-Circuit, Neg. Grd., Red Plug Connector, 14.3 Vset
• Chrysler Round Back, Square Back, Revised Square Back ER/IF Alternators
• 100% New Transpo Heavy Duty
• Solid state circuit
• Notes - Heavy duty version of C8312.
• Replaces - CHRYSLER 3438150, 3755850, 3755960, 3874520, 4091050, 4111990, 5234625, CH-537, CH-543, CH-544, CH-545, DELCO C-603, FORD GRE538, LUCAS NCB700, VR505, PRESTOLITE 8-371

Last edited:
Back