• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need a 4x4 shop in New Hampshire

auswee

NAXJA Forum User
Howdy ladies and gents!

I've had my XJ for about 6 months, but was living in KY last year when I bought it. I need to have some work done on the Jeep now that I'm back in NH and I'm hoping that some folks here can suggest a good 4x4 shop to take it to.

My XJ is pretty built up so the dealership is probably not the best solution for me. Right now I have some electrical problems, so if someone can suggest a shop that will be good w/ these types of diagnostics and repairs, that would be great.

I'm in the Manchester New Hampshire area but I'd travel for the right shop.

Many thanks in advance, I look forward to meeting & wheeling with you guys when I get all sorted out!

Thanks for the suggestion!

At the moment I'm having a problem with the rear locker wiring harness, it's melted and shorted the switch out. Also got a new transfer case installed last week and the 4x4 indicator on the dash isn't working (even though 4x4 is working fine). Then, yesterday I noticed that the interior lights WILL NOT shut off.

So even though I'm here stuck in Rochester NY for a few days and will have it looked at, I want to make sure I have something lined up for when I get back to NH full time.

Those are the only issues?

I can probably walk you through debugging that with a couple pics and a multimeter. Let me know.

Thanks for the offer Kastein! For the moment those are the only issues. I just now dropped it off at the shop where I'm at in Rochester NY. This guy replaced the transfer case last month after it exploded on the NYS Thruway, so I'll have him fix the 4x4 indicator light.

The wiring harness for the rear passenger door is shorting out, keeping the interior lights on. I'll have him fix that while he has it, and see if he can replace the melted wiring harness for the rear locker.

Still looking for more suggestions on a good 4x4 shop when I return to NH. I only have a small selection of tools and ZERO mechanical or electrical knowledge. My potential for future abilities is also questionable at this point! :dunno:

Thanks for the offer Kastein! For the moment those are the only issues. I just now dropped it off at the shop where I'm at in Rochester NY. This guy replaced the transfer case last month after it exploded on the NYS Thruway, so I'll have him fix the 4x4 indicator light.

The wiring harness for the rear passenger door is shorting out, keeping the interior lights on. I'll have him fix that while he has it, and see if he can replace the melted wiring harness for the rear locker.

Still looking for more suggestions on a good 4x4 shop when I return to NH. I only have a small selection of tools and ZERO mechanical or electrical knowledge. My potential for future abilities is also questionable at this point! :dunno:

You will be in Manchester and there are a few of us in the area. I am sure we could arrange a wrenching party to help you out.

Back