• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NAXJA-friendly Buy? 97-01 fuel module

Its easy, I did it in 4 hours and that included a skid and hitch. The hardest part was getting that damn lock ring to seat when putting it back on. I used a flat head screw driver to loosen it and for final tightening. I think the people saying it is necessary for a wood dowel are referencing the earlier tank/pump assembly which has a steel lock ring... and could also be changed without dropping the tank.

Oh.. and if you buy the assembly check to see that it comes with a filter for the bottom of the assembly.

If you do decide to take it in to your mechanic, do as much prep work yourself as you can. IE, drop the skid if need be and leave it at home, take off the hitch if you can...etc. Make it as little work as possible for him and you'll see your labor rates fall.

Make it as little work as possible for him and you'll see your labor rates fall.

Unless 1) It is a flat-rate shop, or 2) The shop charges a higher rate on any job you worked on first! :D

Back