• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

National ROTM

KRAKER

NAXJA Forum User
Bryan C. is going to have another chapter ROTM contest this year. I told him we're onboard. Here is the 411.

As some of you remeber, last year we held a Rig of the Month chapter shootout. This year the chapter shootout will happen over March and April. Please do not publicize the contest until March 1st. I need time to fill the March ROTM contest in the pic forum.

Starting March 1st, each chapter shall select a rig to represent themselves in the chapter shootout. Only red letter names may submit thier own rig. Chapter selections must be chosen by a public poll where members and users may vote.

On April 1st all chapter submissions will be voted on in a prelimanry round. The top 3 finalists will then be placed into a run-off to declare the winner.

Last year only 8 out of the 10 chapters participated. I would like to see all 10 participate this year, but it should be noted that participation is voluntary.

The usual format for the ROTM is as follows. I open an official submission thread until 5 rigs are submitted. Once the submissions are finalized, then a poll is created and left open for 7 days.

Chapters are allowed to use whatever format they choose (including the number of submissions allowed)to select a chapter level winner as long as they follow these basic rules.
  • Red letter names only for entries
  • 2 high resolution pictures and a full spec list(see full ROTM rules in the pic showcase sticky thread)
  • Winner must be decided by a public poll
If you have any questions please ask them here. Remeber, the chapter level contests will happen during March. The national level contest will happen in April. Please have your submission ready by April 1st.

So shall we post this in the members only forum for input or just use the photos in the T-shirt submission thread?

I think it should be posted in the az members forum. its totally different from the t-shirt contest this time set it up like the national rotm 2 pics only one submission per member but we should leave it open to all members not limit it to 5 entries like national

lets keep it seperate from the tee shirt thing. of course the same pic could be submitted

need to get this going. kraker or stewie want to knock this out since i did all the tshirt contest if not let me know ill get it going tomorrow

Id be happy to do it.

my thoughts:

post the submission thread in the members forum that way only members can submit.
no limit on entries only 2 pics in the submission one submission per member leave it open for a week then i can do the poll like the tshirt contest.

only issue i see is the fact that the poll limits us to 14 choices so we may have to cap the entries at 14 submissions. not that i forsee us having that many submissions though so we should be fine

if noone speaks up ill tackle creating the thread in the morning during class.( its a stupid waste of time)

Our chapter submmsion has to be in Apr 1. I will be at we rock. I'm not sure if I will have internet access. Yeags will you be able to turn in our winner Apr 1?

Back