• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

National Events

azdesertrhino

NAXJA Forum User
Steve,

You were mentioning the Florence area as a good location for a large run involving camping and several trails for a possible national event.

I also received info from AzRick regarding the Table Mesa area. He advises me that there is plenty of room for camping and numerous trails in that area.

What do y'all think about moving forward and beginning the preliminary planning for a fall event in Florence and another event at Table Mesa in early '08?

Also, as mentioned by Steve, out first annual Box Canyon/Ajax run in Jan. '08

Sounds good. Both sites are good choices for a national event.

How many national events are required per year?
tipshades.gif

Actually, just one national event per year and then it appears other chapters have quarterly events that are weekend/camping type events.

I'm going to do some more research regarding hosting the event etc but I guess our first agenda is to pick a date and area. :patriot:

OK, got this back from National so I guess we're out of the woods for right now. My questions/comments are at the bottom, reply from Matt is directly below the black line.

Ok, well I want you to also be talking to Goatman about this stuff to. My take on all this stuff is kinda like this. Take this first year and get your group running good and get yourself situated. I would rather see you all put together a good event than a pos one like we (sierra chapter) did last year. Don't worry about the deadlines for this year. This is the first time we have tried to get into the mags calenders, so you arnt going to miss out to much.

Check the sierra chapter for our plans on the national event. also check all the other national events. This is the best way to "feel" whats up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdesertrhino
Hey Matt,

We're getting some plans together for a National Event to be help in Arizona. We have a couple of questions.

Is there normally a huge turn out at these types of events?

Does the hosting chapter usually put on a dinner/BBQ?

What do the other chapters normally set up for a time period, 3 day weekend, longer?

We're looking at an area that has a variety of trails at different skill/modifications levels. Looking toward this fall, too hot in Arizona during the summer.

Any input would be appreciated.

TIA, :patriot:

Back