• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NACfest 2010

You should have just bought Billy's axles.

Those things survived the trip down, a thorough beating, and the drive all the way back.
I got the rear, tried to get the front but missed out.

Apparently the front was pretty beat too and needed quite a bit of work.. I will just build mine that has "new" hubs, balljoints, tie rod ends, etc. New = low miles but a few years old... I wouldn't be surprised if the tie rod ends need replacement, steering seemed somewhat sloppy. Probably looking into that this weekend.

i have never broken at rc and not been able to make it home.

however i have broken 100-200 miles from rc and made it home a couple hours before work

i have never broken at rc and not been able to make it home.

however i have broken 100-200 miles from rc and made it home a couple hours before work

Got you guys all beat...
Back in '01 I drove my rig 2200 miles out to Moab...

FIRST... had my brand new Tom Woods driveshaft FAIL on the drive out and ended up trailering the Jeep the last 5 hours to Moab (I thought it was my rear locker, turned out that the ball/socket had melted/siezed inside the CV). Got a new driveshaft.... THEN broke the bellhousing on the tranny in five pieces on Dump Bump. I found another one (had a shop put it in out there, didn't want to miss out on some amazing wheeling... even if it was in the shotgun seat) got it back, continued wheeling Moab and drove 2200 miles home.

The driveshaft was easy, I called TW and he had one to me at the campground the next day. But let me tell ya about the sinking feeling I had, when I was 30 hours from home.... with a bellhousing in 5 pieces.

Pfffft...

Tellico, 750 miles from home. Rig turtled, glass gone on pass side, roof around my ears, windshield spidered. 10yo son with me and a PO'd wife waiting at home.

Memories...

Got you guys all beat...
Back in '01 I drove my rig 2200 miles out to Moab... <snip> drove 2200 miles home.
Well, what do you know - my first opportunity to legimately say, "been there, done that, got the T-Shirt!" (October 2008).

But let me tell ya about the sinking feeling I had, when I was 30 hours from home.... with a bellhousing in 5 pieces.

I can only imagine - I know I was a nervous wreck the first couple times I wheeled, and I was only two hours out at Paragon, and worried sick about bashing my rockers in on the rocks. Buying the rock rails and skids made for quite the ulcer preventive. Still, that obviously pales compared to your bellhousing adventure.

I am gonna be at this for sure! I am hoping to get my mj/buggy done in time. There is a lot to do!

Dont know if this makes sense but Ill thow it out there. I accidentaly clicked on NWFest & they put together a whole trail schedule for what each group plans to run each day. As seen here http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1021263

I think it would be cool to put something together like that since its always such a cluster F every year of people trying to make plans where to go, then the groups fall apart & people get lost etc. I got screwed last year when the group broke up, no one knew what they wanted to do & hours of time were wasted spanking off.

I know raush isnt really that big and you cant spend days running one trail, but it would be cool for some people who know the park well to put some planned runs together that could make a fun semi organized day for different skill levels. It would be easy to know where groups were & help people decide what they wanna do. I would certainally contribute.

Come hell or high water im there

What's the camping like, is it on site?
Yes on site but primitive...porta john, no running water elec. etc. Sometimes you have to plop down in the middle of a gravel lot, because theres not alot of sites with a fire ring. Its also first come first serve no reservations.

Yes on site but primitive...porta john, no running water elec. etc. Sometimes you have to plop down in the middle of a gravel lot, because theres not alot of sites with a fire ring. Its also first come first serve no reservations.
That's primitive? I'm used to making my own crapper with a shovel, trees, and branches. Porta johns sound classy :gee:

Yeah I was kinda thinking just laying the back seat down and putting my spare parts in ht e front seats and crashing. Unless I bring someone with me, then I'll bring my tent.

Back