• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NAC Meet and Greet- Our Weekend at the Junkyard!!

it was a good day lots of jeeps and lots of good stuff. i got a V8 ZJ tie rod finally after driving on a bent stocker for the past 4 months.

it was a good day lots of jeeps and lots of good stuff. i got a V8 ZJ tie rod finally after driving on a bent stocker for the past 4 months.

wooot wooot, got what I needed too. Thanks for the burgers and dogs!!!!

It was a good day and very costly day. Dam. but did get alot of stuff. Just might have to go back and pick something else up.

It was a good day and very costly day. Dam. but did get alot of stuff. Just might have to go back and pick something else up.

Hey man, were you able to get the MJ sliders for John? Yep... I'll be there for a few hours tomorrow morning, come on out tomorrow if you want. Weather is supposed to be lousy though...

A.

yeah was great time ...ouch forgot the sun block worth it got lots of good parts... cant wait till nac fest thanks guys you talked the husband it to going and i didnt even have to ask ...lol

It was nice meeting you and Dieter today... I was telling him about NAC-Fest, it is a really good time. The wheeling is certainly fun, but there is always some quality campfire time each evening too.

just got home. I only got a little lost on the way home. I wound up in the Philly zoo. and then stuck in stop and go traffic while trying to find my way out.

good day other then that. oh and the 40 burgers worth of grease that I spilled on my foot( my dogs and cats wont stop licking my feet).

got most of the stuff I wanted, learned a few things, laughed alot. good day.

thanks for putting this thing together guys.

My ass hurts...

but we made it home and all the parts are safely in my basement.

wife said:
did we really need more tires stacked up in the driveway? How is that helping get my jeep on the road sooner?

Had a great time fellas Great to meet you guys!

Thanks again for setting everything up Andy.

and yeah, I could've gotten better prices, but I couldn't have gotten that much in one place in a half day...

:cheers:

Adam/Ross, wtf were you? That amber fire xj is just sitting there!

I need to get ahold of johngus asap... Hopefully by tomorrow, else need to find someone who knows him and can pass the stuff off.

Got most of the stuff on the list that was available, shafts will be bought locally as they are cheaper there, Rob (nhrocker) when you said tan/charcoal you meant the grey color right? Which would you prefer for the seats? I'm not sure there are any tan seats that fit your requirements but there is a set of grey seats that do, in fair shape.

Hey man, were you able to get the MJ sliders for John? Yep... I'll be there for a few hours tomorrow morning, come on out tomorrow if you want. Weather is supposed to be lousy though...

A.
He got the sliders. Thanks Andy.

It was good to see all you guys again!
Let's see now, I had a good haul: Headliner w/ integrated soundbar (didn't even know they came like that), visors, carpet, front drive shaft, cupholder, miscellaneous goodies, burgers, empty wallet, lotsa XJs & a buncha great guys. Recipe for a perfect day! Plus I learned exactly what I will have to do to tear my interior apart from ceiling to floor. What more could an XJ junkie ask for?
Thanks Andy! Thanks NAXJA!

Just 1 problem: all these XJs and not ONE had interior panels like mine. I can't believe it. Well, if anyone sees door panels like the one below, even if it's not tan, let me know. Driver/front.

0422101150.jpg

And I forgot to look for these:

bracketo.jpg

So if anyone sees these tomorrow in the trunk of any XJ, snag 'em for me and let me know. They're brackets for the cargo cover - and they break easy. Please & Thanks!

Last edited:
Good times today..Andy..Burgers were awesome..I think I had 4. Looking forward to no more drum brakes..got those disc set up from a ZJ.. I'll be busy between now and NACFest!!

Oh yeah my memory of today is apparently spotty at best... Glad to hear you got the rock rails johngus.

Billdunn - I apparently met you without realizing it

Laverne - I had a request to pull one of those, found it in the briarwood. I'll pull the rest tomorrow and get them to someone who can get them to you tomorrow. Good to meet you in person!

Rob - thanks a ton for the tires, I owe you one! Managed to get a matching rim today so soon I won't have sketchy rubber on the MJ for the first time ever.

ken pm me with what ya got and prices and when i can pick them up, i gotta get some stuff from jay too, i may even beable to get nhrockers stuff too pending on what he got

Just 1 problem: all these XJs and not ONE had interior panels like mine. I can't believe it. Well, if anyone sees door panels like the one below, even if it's not tan, let me know. Driver/front.

0422101150.jpg

That from an early 90's laredo with Jenson stereo (or whatever the nice version was)? I think my buddies XJ had the same ones. He moved to TX and gave his XJ to a co-worker (my friend got it for free so he passed it on to someone else for free since he needed to get rid of it and the other option was junking it, it was quite rusted and needed plenty of work to pass inspection, but I digress). I stopped by the co-workers house once a while back and was told if I need anything I might be able to take it since the guy only plans on using it for a beach rig. I will make some calls and see if I can get that for ya. What exactly do you need? the full door panel with arm rest, just the arm rest, or what? I may have to swing by the JY and pull a door panel for the guy to replace what I take IF he OK's me stealing parts from it at all, but door panels from 4 dr XJs are easy to find

Edit: I just sent my buddy a message asking if that is what he had for door panels and if he thinks the other guy would let me replace them. I also asked about the cargo cover bracket things.

Last edited:
man somehow i missed all this... crap been to busy with other stuff and i no i wont be able to go that far tomarow... i woulda bought a membership just to go to this today i need a pile of parts... better luck next time i guess

Laverne - I had a request to pull one of those, found it in the briarwood. I'll pull the rest tomorrow and get them to someone who can get them to you tomorrow. Good to meet you in person!

Dude, if you see 10 sets, I'll take 'em all. Just throw them in your bucket of "miscellaneous trim". She'll prolly charge you 5 bux!! :D

That from an early 90's laredo with Jenson stereo (or whatever the nice version was)? I think my buddies XJ had the same ones. He moved to TX and gave his XJ to a co-worker (my friend got it for free so he passed it on to someone else for free since he needed to get rid of it and the other option was junking it, it was quite rusted and needed plenty of work to pass inspection, but I digress). I stopped by the co-workers house once a while back and was told if I need anything I might be able to take it since the guy only plans on using it for a beach rig. I will make some calls and see if I can get that for ya. What exactly do you need? the full door panel with arm rest, just the arm rest, or what? I may have to swing by the JY and pull a door panel for the guy to replace what I take IF he OK's me stealing parts from it at all, but door panels from 4 dr XJs are easy to find

Edit: I just sent my buddy a message asking if that is what he had for door panels and if he thinks the other guy would let me replace them. I also asked about the cargo cover bracket things.
Oh ... thanks for the offer. My XJ is a '92 Limited. I just need the door panel, just what you see in the pic, minus the switches. I don't think the pocket is removeable.

But dude ... you're in Mass. ...

I just returned from there last week.

Back