• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NAC-Fest 2011!

RCman

NAXJA Forum User
The time is here, fill out those vacation cards! :)

This year NAC-Fest will be held June 23-26, 2011 at Rausch Creek in PA.
We will be camping at Twin Grove camp ground.

There will be much more information posted in the event forum once it is up and running. Keep a lookout for that.
Edit: NAC-Fest 2011 forum is up!

Last edited:
Re: NAC-Fest 2011 Dates

It's the weekend after RCRocs and the weekend before the July 4th holiday, so we figured that'd probably be the way to go.

Big (free!) fireworks show at the campground Saturday night too, while we're at the pavillion. :D

Big (free!) fireworks show at the campground Saturday night too, while we're at the pavillion. :D

Are we allowed to bring any? haha

Are we allowed to bring any? haha
Seriously.

If I manage to show up, I'll probably bring some if we're allowed to... the campground may have a no fireworks rule.

I even have a nifty electronic high tech fireworks control panel I built last July :geek:

Being a family destination with quiet hours I'm going to say that it is a pretty safe bet they are not allowed. Please don't test this folks.

I am hoping to get the buggy done by this NAC fest but we will see how that goes..... even if I don't I will have the XJ up there.

no I don't cause I havent been working on it much due to the fact that I have been working 7 days a week. so I have been mostly just hording parts that I need. I have everything to complete the drivetrain with the exception of my atlas and front locker. the atlas is in the works. of course I didn't build the whole thing I bought the chassis and axles off of mitch bodine. you can search for "magoos truggy" and in the for sale thread andy posted a link to his build pics on rides.

We hoped for years that Mitch would get that finished and come to NAC-Fest.. i'd be up for helping assemble if you need help to make it this year.

I think the main problem I am going to run into is going to be the panhard bar because he has it sitting right under the crank pully and harmonic balancer.... if it hits I will have to re-do the location of it and the front links plus have a new front DS made. I don't want to move it cause they did such a great job with the bracketry. if I do have to move it I am going to leave enough room for an LS-1 since it is only about 3" longer. :)

Good News for me!! This could very well be a double cherry popper for me!!!! My first NAC-Fest and my first trip to Rausch Creek! All I need to do is talk the fiance into it and I'll be putting in for vacation first thing Monday morning! I'm glad that it's between my kids' birthdays this year!

It needs to be June already. Got lots of work to do between now and then though.

Back