• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NAC Events

Eagle

Lifetime NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
This is a follow-up to Gearwhine's post about more NAC events. Earle Duperron from RI will be setting up at least two events this year, both in the Charlemont/North Adams, Massachusetts and southern Vermont area. The first will be Memorial Day weekend. We realize this is just a week away from NACFest, but it's a weekend when many people will be looking for something to do anyway, and a chance for those who can't make NACFest to do some quality wheeling with the chapter.

The other will be Columbus Day weekend in October. Again, it falls close to the big national event in Moab, but I have already discussed this with the national BOD and we don't see it as a conflict. Not everyone can get to Moab, so for those unfortunate souls who can't make it, here's an opportunity to run some great trails with other members of the chapter.

"Home base" for both events will be one of the Massachusetts state park campgrounds near Charlement/North Adams. These are clean, and reasonably quiet, and reasonable in cost. I hope this won't be a deal-breaker for anyone, but I should mention that Massachusetts does not allow any alcohol (which includes beer) in the state parks. Therefore, those who like to indulge in a brewski or three after a trail ride will have to meet up with like-minded folks somewhere outside of the state park to wash away the trail dust. This has not been a problem for anyone who went on any of Earle's trail rides last year.

I will post Earle's new e-mail address as soon as he sends it to me. I'll try to post updates here, but people who are interested should contact Earle directly, both for more information and to allow him to get a head count.

Now -- if we can get RJ a.k.a "Tozovr" to organize a run somewhere in New Hampshire between Earle's two runs, we'll have the northern part of the chapter territory pretty well set.

Last edited:
I'm there, barring any unforseen delays in XJ buildup operations.

Earle's e-mail is up, so you can contact him directly for details regarding Memorial Day weekend. Location will be based out of one of the Massachusetts state park campgrounds near Charlemont/North Adams, Massachusetts. Trails will be in Massachusetts and/or southern Vermont.

Because of problems with the group camp site las year, Earle can provide you with the phone number for camp site reservations, but we are NOT reserving the group site this year. Each attendee is responsible for his/her own camp site.

For those who have not previously attended a NAXJA event, please be sure to read the safety rules in the by-laws. There are minimum equipment requirements, and we don't want to turn people away if they show up without required equipment -- but we will. Unless someone agrees to take you along as a passenger. With regard to tow hooks/points, in addition to checking that you have them we will also be checking to be sure they are properly and safely attached to the vehicle. Sorry if this sounds like a PITA (it's a PITA to have to do it, believe me), but the consequences of launching an improperly anchored tow point through someone's head are too serious to ignore.

Earle's e-mail, for futher information, is:

[email protected]

Please PLEASE contact Earle if you plan to attend. We really need an idea how many are coming and what level of preparation/modification the Jeeps have so we can select trails and decide if we're going in one group, or splitting up.

Back