• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My XJ was stolen!!!!!!!!!

This is what I need to have happen with our Jeep.

LOL....... Now using a huge front end loader to rip out the ATM and lift it - Smart............ Using the huge front end loader as the getaway vehicle....... yeah, not so much....:laugh:

[/url]

Thats how they stoll the ATM twice at AIMS CC in greeley. Stoll the front in loader from a job site drove it to AIMS CC ripped it out of the ground dumped it in the back of the truck and left the loader in the parking lot. Next time they added comcreat and pipe on the corners didn't do any good they picked it up and out like the first one. All for corner post were left in place.

This is what I need to have happen with our Jeep.

Leave it down here again....... I'm sure I can make it disappear piece by piece over a little time........ :gag:

:D

More photos here. Apparently the bad guys nailed 2 other ATM's that same night with 2 other stolen vehicles. Its gonna be a total loss. In addition to body damage to the whole driver side, grill, hood, rear hatch, passenger front fender....basically every single side, the front axle also snapped on driver side. Now we'll see what the insurance company has to say.

Hood/top of grill damage was from the FD/PD trying to pry the hood open to kill the motor. Once an auto-theft expert showed up he just walked up and pulled the wires to the fuel pump in the tank to starve it of fuel and kill it.

The rear hatch - I am not sure - I speculate that it was dmaged when they were trying to upright it to tow away from the scene, because it was not broken when I was out at the scene that night to confirm it was my rig.

Insurance claim update: Adjuster checked it out and totaled it. She told me to put all of the receipts together for the mods and get them to her. Which is fine for the stuff I ordered online and have receipts for, but sucks for the stuff I CL'd and the install labor.

I bet the motor is still good unless it ran for like an hour or something. I've run mine out of oil a couple times on the highway (bad oil leak... long story) and pressure was still great, no bad knocking when I retired that motor at 235k due to the motor mount bosses breaking off the pass side of the block.

I'd keep it as an emergency spare or possible stroker build for sure unless it actually put a rod through the block.

Really sucks about the rig though :(

Holy cow!!! Putting all of the receipts together I just realized that I blew my budget on this project....by ALOT!!!! hahahaha. I thought that I had been pretty frugal, and maybe I still was, but DANG!!

Once it starts, you just keep building and adding and modifying...

I submitted the receipts along with a list of the CL stuff. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Sad news.....after submitting receipts for just parts totaling $3k+, the adjustment on the claim was only $300.00. They can't justify coverage of the additional components any more than that because they say that there simply isn't a mainstream market for an XJ built like this.

Oh well - I get to keep this one and I'll just have to find another stocker to transfer all the good parts to.

I think you're better off with out the insurance adjustment. Just take the claim, do the buy back and ring the replacement XJ.....then swap stuff over. :thumbup:

You buying your new rig with a wad of $20's? :laugh3:

Update – the total and utter awesomeness of my XJ build is what thwarted the BG’s criminal endeavor. You see, but for my build, the BG’s probably would have gotten away with it. Their problem was that after they yanked the ATM from the ground, my XJ encountered a light-pole and its protective concrete barrier/base. Well, instead of bouncing off of the concrete barrier as an ordinary vehicle would, the skid on my purpose built off-roading bumper skid the XJ up the barrier and onto the light-pole. Then, having a higher clearance, bigger tires, and both axles locked, my XJ was propelled up the light-pole (that’s right, my XJ can freaking climb light-poles!) until the light-pole finally gave and came down, with my XJ ending up on its side. The BG’s left to flee on foot or in a secondary vehicle, the ATM being left behind, still chained to my crime-fighting XJ!!!!

This thread needs more like button.

Anything to be concerned about if I found a 97+ stocker considering that my upgrades/mods are all on a 93?

Front axle guts and diff cover should swap fine - correct?

Rear axle guts won't so I could just swap the whole rear axle - correct?

I would be good to go on:
Throttle body
Roof rails
Lift components???
Tires
Bumper
Muffler/tailpipe???
Swaybar discos

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

I'd just swap both the axles whole... I believe your throttle body will not fit since the MAP is on the TB in 96 (95? I'm not sure) and later while it is on the firewall and hooked to the intake manifold on 94 (95?) and earlier vehicles.

Roof rails - not sure
Lift - yeah it'll all be fine
Tires - yep
Bumper - should, might require slight BFH massaging but that's more chassis to chassis than year to year
Muffler/tailpipe - should, at most you'll need to buy a different flange or an adapter at autozone for like 5 bucks to make it fit a different size cat outlet
discos - yep

Back