• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My XJ was stolen in KC, MO

jackdes

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all,

Just posting here to get the word out on my stolen Jeep for those of you in the area. If you could keep an eye out for it, or parts being sold off of it that would be amazing. Do the right thing and call the police if you think you have any info on it.

Description
- Silver 2000 XJ, chopped fenders and quarters, around 175k
- ~5" lift (RE springs and Big Off Road leafs with shackle)
- TNT Long Arms, sliders, unibody stiffeners, trackbar and bracket
- D30 trussed with Super30 + ARB air locker + JKS LCA skids +Riddler diff cover + JKS quicker disconnects
- C8.25 + ARB air locker with TNT UBEs and shaved, Teraflex disc brakes, Riddler diff covers painted black (looks much like an 8.8 at first glance, nothing below axle tube)
- AJ's Offroad Armor bumpers (Tanker tire carrier with hi lift and Slikrok with M8000 cut into grill)
- 305/70R16 KM2s, Pro Comp 1069 8 hole alloys painted black
- Bilstein 5160 shocks
- Skid Row gas tank skid
- Currie steering
- sunroof
- MontanaFab AW4 override controller installed by e-brake lever
- ARB switches installed under HVAC controls, center
- VIN: 1J4FF48S4YL197927

There are a ton of other goodies on there, but this would be the stuff you guys would notice quickly, and the more likely to be chopped off and on craigslist.

The story is that this jeep was built to replace my similarly built 1992 XJ which was totalled Dec. 2009 when some lady lost control of her vehicle and t-boned me at 65mph on the highway resulting in a few rolls. I salvaged what I could and rebuilt. I've had this Jeep for less than 2 years, put a ton of money and work into it obviously. I was going to take it to Moab and wheel it for the first time (I wanted it 100%, nothing unfinished) last weekend. No one could make it so I went to Kansas City to visit friends I had not seen in years. It was 3 of their bdays that week and I wanted to surprise them. Within 2 hours of parking my Jeep at 38th and Walnut in midtown KC, MO it was gone. This was on Friday, Oct 28 between 5:30 and 8p. I flew back home on Sunday to my home in Denver, CO.

If anyone sees anything, please let me know via PM and call the cops!

Thanks to all for looking out for a fellow jeeper with some seriously bad luck.

The only photos I have of it how it was when it was stolen are here:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/113923040672998398120/albums/5670523050387962177

Last edited:
I'll keep an eye out in Central IL. Good luck getting it back!

I am Olathe and will keep an eye out. That is the second modified XJ in the last year that has been stolen... That is the not the best place to leave a nice car...... Sorry for your loss.

Last edited:
I may be a little late, bit I will keep an eye out. I live in Overland Park bit work through out much of the city. I always notice Jeeps. Unfortunately I haven't seen one like yours.

Thanks for the help guys. I feel at this point it's a lost cause, but you never know. I put up a couple more pics at the link in the original post. Front and back pics I got from a friend.

Thanks again, keep your eyes open. I wish people could keep their hands off other people's property.

So I got a call today, Jeep recovered in Independence, MO. 2 years to the day that my first XJ was run off the road by a shitty driver on the interstate. Missing bumpers, winch, wheels/tires, cat, battery, who knows what else (at a friend's shop right now).

I added some "after" pics: https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/113923040672998398120/albums/5670523050387962177

And this is just one reason why I may get a conceal/carry permit... Cause I'd pull on anyone that was even remotely suspicious near my Jeep.

DAMN THIEVES! i had someone cut a hole in the back of my garage and help themselves to my 660 raptor back in 01... i did get it back too. only it took em 3 yrs to find it.. was it dumped somewhere or did they catch someone with it? i feel for ya man...

Fore Wheeler - make sure it covers theft, Progressive apparently does NOT cover theft on their full coverage insurance. If it did the 4-5k I may get would help. But really, is my Jeep buildable for that, even with the parts left assuming they are not destroyed? I know the answer. May need to insure to full value of the vehicle and pay out the ass for the coverage. I'd love to have a check for 30-40k though (that's what I would insure to, why not? and I consider my time cheap).

ATVracer76 - I think it was just dumped somewhere. 918 S Osage, Independence, MO.

I'm hoping that nothing is beat up, I can see someone really romping this thing. I will rebuild, again, for the 3rd time in exactly 4 years.... This jeep was put together in 1.5 years. Don't know if I can pull that off again.

Silver lining - I once again own built axles with lockers, a long arm suspension and sliders. And a gas tank skid I just found out. This one was built from stock just from those axles. Can't keep me down. I am just not going to visit KC for a long time (ever?)

Last edited:
I would dump Progressive if you had full coverage and they would not pay. comprehensive does cover theft. it sounds like you're being screwed if you have full coverage.

in a case like this, you can have them pay you off and then buy the salvage back from them at a fraction of the value.

insurance companies are always going to tell you no until you push the issue. If you know you're rights you will follow through with this and get paid

It doesn't matter what city, town, country you are in. At any point in your life no matter where you live you could be a victim of theft. Cars get stolen in the richest neighborhoods to the poorest. I'm never scared to drive anything I own anywhere in the city and I never lock my doors. I'm fully insured and covered if anything happens to any of my vehicles.

Hope for the best prepare for the worst.

Glad you got your rig back kind of. Sucks that there are people that will take like that. Should have his hands cut off if he is caught.

Parakeet

Did they leave the engine??? If so that looks rebuildable....

I have a trailer here in KC if you need someone to pick up till you can get down here...

Full coverage means a lot of different things when speaking about insurance. The most common is to have comprehensive and collision coverage on top of liability. If you did in fact have comprehensive coverage, you would be responsible for your deductible if you had any and progressive would cover the rest to the replacement value of the jeep. If any one ever has questions about auto insurance please feel free to ask, I am a licensed State farm sales rep. You should definitely pursue getting your money from them. And from now on get State farm insurance where they have been the number one in auto insurance since 1942 as well as number one in claims. If you are paying for insurance you might as well have the best and a company that will stand behind you when the occasion arises...

Back