• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My Very Own Build Thread!

I'll get a recent pic up of it tonight.
I'll be picking up a D44 soon with a Detroit, 4.88s, alloy shafts, and relocated shock mounts. To take advantage of the raised shock mounts, I ordered the JKS Crossover shock mount. I also got their BPEs for the front (already have some in the rear, suppose those will be coming off now...) and 1" Boomerang shackles to bring the back end down .5" from the 1.5" shackles on currently. Might order some DPG Trailgunner 5" coils and remove the spacers up front depending on how it sits with the added weight of bumpers etc. I might buy a winch instead though...:D

Last edited:
I bought a winch instead. :party: Smittybilt XRC10 and sythetic rope. Got it at winchdepot.com for 399 + 9.995 shipping. The total, with rope came out to about $650.

Now for some current pictures.
PIC-0082.jpg

After playing the mud for the first time with 33s.
IMG_2176.jpg

No I didn't wash it, it rained a lot from that side, so that's the side I shot. :D
IMG_2181.jpg

IMG_2182.jpg

My D30 diff cover from RuffStuff arrived yesterday!! My first part to arrive. :)

I got my D44 cover now plus the gears and install kit and new carrier for the D30. Today should see the arrival of my JKS Crossover shock mount, Boomerang shackles, and front BPEs. :D I also painted my diff covers. 2 light coats of primer, 1 light coat of paint, one slightly heavier coat and one medium/heavy coat, followed by a light "dusting" I think they came out pretty good. It's the graphite hammered finish Rustoleum.
I'll get pics up tonight.

My D44 cover painted
IMG_2183.jpg

My winch, arrived out the blue - last I knew, it was out of stock.
IMG_2184.jpg

The mountaineer rack, JKS crossover shock mount, BPEs, and shackles, CB antenna/mount, and Smittybilt aluminum hawse fairlead
IMG_2185.jpg

Mountaineer rack assembled. I couldn't wait...:D
IMG_2186.jpg

Back