• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My Son's First XJ - Need Parts

jasonheald

NAXJA Forum User
Hi everyone.

I am hoping you guys could help out my son. He recently inherited a '98 XJ Classic from my father-in-law. My son turned 16 last February, and this is to be his first car. He has spent a few hundred dollars on getting the thing through inspection. He and I worked on it for a full year replacing parts because the Jeep had sat for about three years due to a faulty Crank Position Sensor. Well, long story short, he needs some seats. My father-in-law had a genius idea to remove the lower back seat so he could get the seat to fold flat and still be able to slide the front seats all the way back. This wouldn't have been a bad idea, however, he left the seat bottom outside and it got destroyed by weather and mice. We also need a matching driver's seat. My 6'2" 350lb brother-in-law broke the recliner so I replaced the seat with an earlier model XJ seat, not the front seats don't match. I'll make a list below. If anyone has any extra parts laying around, and would be willing to help my son, I'd appreciate it greatly. He is a great kid, an honor student at a performing arts school, who works two days a week at a grocery store. He doesn't have a whole lot of money, but this Jeep is his pride and joy.

- Driver's seat 97-01
- Rear seat bottom 97-01
- PS Fog light housing
- Driver's side master switch
- Driver's side back door window motor
- Roof Rack trim caps
- Muffler (Cat and Tail pipe are good)
- Passenger's front vent visor (we have the other three in good shape)
- Fog light switch
- Factory radio with cassette (that way he can plug in his iPod tape deck adapter)
- Shocks (stock ride height)
- Tires (stock, with decent tread)

Also, if anyone has an entire 97-01 that they are parting out and would let us come and pick parts, we'd be willing to do that.

I know the list is pretty specific, but like I said, this is his pride and joy. I'd like to help him make it as "cool" as can be. He's a junior in high school, and I'm hoping this will last him through college! Please be reasonable with prices. As much as I'd like to go buy everything for him, that is not an option. Free is good too!! We are in Bath, PA 18014. We are willing to drive to meet/pick-up within reason.

Thanks!

I would be willing to donate parts off my old jeep/new buggy project.... im far away but if you somehow end up in eastern MA you are welcome.... 02481
ive been in his shoes (ish) before id love to help

Thanks! I'd be willing to pay for shipping on smaller items, and also a little extra for materials and time.

This is what I love about our hobby, the willingness of others to help someone out!

Jeep on!

Wish you could have posted this sooner... I just junked a parts xj...

I do have the motor for the rear door window. I just have to rip it out of the door. I kept them for half doors

i have a factory cd player off of an 01 xj not sure if the cd portion works but the radio portion sure does...for free if he wants it

I could make a trip the the junkyard and pick up a fog light switch...i have a buddy parting out a 01 xj but parts would need to be picked up in upstate central new york

Is the radio a CD Cassette combo? If so, we're interested. If not, thank you but we'll pass. He wants to run his iPod through the cassette adapter. He has an aftermarket CD player in there now that I installed when I first bought the Jeep used in 2001. It doesn't have an aux jack, so he can't plug in his iPod.

Thanks for the reply!

I have the window master switch and fog switch. Debating taking the vent visors off my xj so those would be a possibility too. Cover shipping and the stuff is yours

Any interest in a rear soundbar? You can have it for free. I think its still sitting up in my garage.

If youre coming to NACfest I can bring it down to ya.

I have the seats, full set for free if you can get to them

Any interest in a rear soundbar? You can have it for free. I think its still sitting up in my garage.

If youre coming to NACfest I can bring it down to ya.

His Classic has the sound bar. Its a pretty well loaded XJ. Most everything except leather and cruise control. We haven't taken the front ps door panel off yet, but that is the only speaker that doesn't work.

Keep in mind, this thing sat for three years at my father-in-laws house, outside. We found some pretty interesting nests in this thing, and a few chewed wires. It took a while to trace some electrical shorts, but I think we got them all.

-Jason

Tell me more about NACFest.... sounds cool.

Thanks guys for the replies and offers. I told him about this last night when I picked him up from work. He was in awe of your generosity. He was trying to think of ways to thank you guys as we were driving home.... in his Jeep.

Thanks again. This makes me proud to be a 'car guy'.

4 hours away but they are here and possibly could get them parts trained to you, I'm meeting someone that lives 2 hours closer soon

I have a factory radio/cassette player off a '95 grand cherokee. Should mount right in as I swapped in a CD/cassette that is now in my 2000XJ.

Paying it forward I have no use for it, just PM me your address or come pick it up (central NJ).

Back