• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MY SENIOR PROJECT DESIGN DRAWINGS

redrider2911

NAXJA Forum User
These are the drawing I drew that I went off of for my over all design. Yellow is the 3-link, white is the frame and axle/dif., the purple is the caster angle, and ofcourse the green are just a few dimensions.

A side view at ride height. (8 in. above stock)
3link.jpg

Shows the axle flowing through the arc brought up about 7.5 in.
arc.jpg

The top view.
top.jpg

The "ears" I had to add to clear the driveline and dif.
arm.jpg

Feel free to comment or ask me any questions. I have more drawing but they are rough on peices of paper. I can draft them out if anybody wants anything... for a price. jk

Why isn't the top arm straight? Why the dogleg? What are you trying to clear?

You can't really tell in any of thes pictures but the wishbone crosses right over the driveline and the differential. If i wouldn't have moved it up on that end, beings I only have an 8 in lift, then I would be running right through both or sitting right on top of them and actually breaking my setup as my coils compress. If I had a 10 in lift or higher I probably wouldnt have incountered that problem.

frontflex.jpg

vetteboy said:
Holy crap! :eek:

What could you possibly need that much lift for?

gotta clear them 31's!!!

im wondering the same...and after seeing the missing headlight, im going to say "its NOT a show rig"....so yes why?:huh:

8 in is the highest i will go. i wanted to run 35's with minimal fender trimming. im already going to have to trim quite a bit as you can tell because my 33's already rub when im all flexed out. Not to mention have you ever tried to crame a wishbone under there while tryin to clear the driveline and diff and stay clear of the oil pan? It's not very easy even on an 8 in lift. I am actually buying the whole grill and headlight setup and new fenders to make it a little more presentable. Then im thinking of putting a coat of herculiner on the whole thing. Any reviews on that stuff?

redrider2911 said:
Not to mention have you ever tried to crame a wishbone under there while tryin to clear the driveline and diff and stay clear of the oil pan? It's not very easy even on an 8 in lift.

No, and there are many very good reasons for that.

I have 39.5s on just under 8" lift. You've seen the travel I get from it and I haven't even cut it that excessively. With 33's I had roughly 4.5" lift and more travel out of stock arms than my shocks would allow. I like being stable I guess.

what springs are you running>? Looks more like 6" to me :dunno:
DSC04009.jpg

Is that a Stock rear driveshaft? :gee:

yea, im afraid that is the stock drive shaft. i did drop the t case down far enough to stop it from binding but have not replaced it for a stronger one yet.

redrider2911 said:
but have not replaced it for a stronger one yet.

There's nothing inherently wrong with the strength of a stock one. I'm running a stock front shaft in the rear of mine, cut and sleeved to extend it.

DSC01554.JPG

I originally made that just to test driveline clearances and to be able to move the thing around, but so far it has held up great and isn't bent/warped or anything. It's also behind a NV4500 trans with granny low and a 7.12:1 t-case gearing, and has lived through many full-throttle hopping assaults and two broken from 60 shafts. I made another one to carry as a spare and at this point I have no plans to do anything different until I have a reason to.

However, if you still have the stock slip yoke configuration...that's something you probably will want to upgrade.

rocklandxjer said:
that is with 8" and cut fenders... his still has the flares on in the stock locations. its probably around 7-8 inches

i relized that, but look at the top of the tire and the bottom of the jeep compare.

Yeah man 5-6" of actual lift and 35s is where its at. Why you're afraid to cut fender on a $500 Jeep with that custom of suspension is odd.

and its called bumpstop

even if you had 14" of lift your 35's will rub just as bad. The only thing to keep your tire from rubbing is bumpstops.

trimmed and bumpstopped i comfortably run 37's on 4.5" of lift. my flex is only limited by my shocks.

Back