• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

my Renix issues...

Have the injectors been replaced?

I own 2 RENIX era Jeeps, a XJ and a MJ and neither have the original ticking time bomb injectors left in them.

They look factory. but it ran fine other then loading up and slow speeds before the fpr was changed. seemed fine at first then i get off work and it sounds like its missing. I drive it home and park it. next morning i go out and was going to test for the dead cyl. and it runs fine. so i drive it to work ( 2 blocks away) once again seems fine. i get off work back to running on 5 cyl. ive done some research to find they should be at 12-16 ohms. So i guess ill try to test for the dead cyl again this morning.

Run a can of BG44K through the fuel to clean out the injectors. If you can't find that, get Chevron Techron.

They look factory. but it ran fine other then loading up and slow speeds before the fpr was changed. seemed fine at first then i get off work and it sounds like its missing. I drive it home and park it. next morning i go out and was going to test for the dead cyl. and it runs fine. so i drive it to work ( 2 blocks away) once again seems fine. i get off work back to running on 5 cyl. ive done some research to find they should be at 12-16 ohms. So i guess ill try to test for the dead cyl again this morning.

I'm guessing you have the RENIX FSM? If so, get your ohm meter out and start checking each sensor. You will find the problem!

Back