• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My rear bumper build thread type thing

For the record, I did end up adding another hinge point over the original one, now atleast I know its not going anywhere.

IMG_20120223_212246.jpg

IMG_20120223_223556.jpg

Looks like Stump used the inline version of the clamp I used on mine. If so, it most likely came from McMaster Carr.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#latching-clamps/=gg0kj2

I used part number 5135A35 on mine, btw.

And that is a very nice bumper, Stump. I especially like how you did the license plate. I also just noticed that your in Dekalb county. I'm hanging out in Decatur with a buddy of mine for a couple more weeks until I head back up to Ak. We should get together and go for a trail ride or just grab a frosty beverage and compare notes on our bumpers. :cheers:
thanx

I need to find a better bushing setup for mine, I used two 3/4" ID bearings with a 3/4" bolt and I have a little bit of slop but once it's held in place it's in there pretty good. I can't complain, entire bumper set me back less than a $100 to build.
6c622f3e.jpg

mount the tire closer to the hinge, like stump did. simply physics says that the farther out you put it, the more leverage it has on your bushing.

i agree with that totally... but the physics still applies. put the hinge on the other side, like stump did.

the reason companies dont put their hinge on the drivers side is to avoid a lawsuit by someone stranded on the road. think if it gets hit by a passerby. there is nothing stopping you from making yours how you want.

Back