• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My new Toy!! v. Gun Crew

I picked up a slightly used Bushmaster Dissipator for $650. I like it a lot.

Since you obviously don't know any better, I'm going to let those "having to live in Texas" comments slide. Some things you just can't explain. It's kind of like the Jeep thing. Others just don't get it and they never will.

Phil said:
It would be cool to live in Texas if it weren't for all the well armed Texans. :confused1

I fixed it for you.

Mudderoy said:
I fixed it for you.

You mean like the ones who storm crowded restaurants, climb clock towers with rifles, or sit in kook religious compounds waiting for Federal agents to come get them? :read:

ECKSJAY said:
You mean like the ones who storm crowded restaurants, climb clock towers with rifles, or sit in kook religious compounds waiting for Federal agents to come get them? :read:

Wait, do I know you?!?!

ECKSJAY said:
Like I said, some people don't get it and never will.

People doing crazy things is not unique to Texas. They do plenty of crazy things in other states as well. What I'm talking about has to do with a certain pride in the unique history and culture of Texas. Texans are proud of their state and it's people. We like to think that the spirit of individual freedom held by our pioneer forefathers is still in all of us. That's why we allow people to arm themselves so that they, as indiviual citizens, can protect themselves and their neighbors if needed. And that's why I have a sweet Bushmaster that only cost me $650 with all the magazines and ammo I can afford and folks in other states, where the government distrusts it's own citizens, either have to spend twice what I did or can't buy them at all. So, ha!

Ralph said:
.....That's why we allow people to arm themselves so that they, as individual citizens, can protect themselves and their neighbors if needed.....
I Like that little town in Georgia, Kenashaw, Keneshaw,... something like that, where they passed that law saying everyone not prohibited by law HAD to have a functional firearm in their home with proper ammunition for it?
Government intervention I can get behind!
(cue Princess Vespa from spaceballs: "I ain't shooting this thing, I hate guns."

ECKSJAY said:
Texans seem like they get defensive easily. :) Do you sell propane and propane accessories? :)
We just get tired of folks giving us crap for being proud to be Texans. And I'm an IT professional working at Texas Tech University. Go Red Raiders!!!

Ralph said:
We just get tired of folks giving us crap for being proud to be Texans. And I'm an IT professional working at Texas Tech University. Go Red Raiders!!!

Nothing wrong with it, I just like giving you guys crap. I spent a few years over on the West side and enjoyed it a lot. I've been back a couple times since. :)

ECKSJAY said:
Texans seem like they get defensive easily. :) Do you sell propane and propane accessories? :)

Yeah they do. Being from the biggest state isn't enough they get pissy about everything!! :roll:

There are lots of other states with decent gun laws.

tbburg said:
I Like that little town in Georgia, Kenashaw, Keneshaw,... something like that, where they passed that law saying everyone not prohibited by law HAD to have a functional firearm in their home with proper ammunition for it?
Government intervention I can get behind!
(cue Princess Vespa from spaceballs: "I ain't shooting this thing, I hate guns."

Kennesaw, I was there once, scary place. Most people there open cary too. I dont think it was too hard to get the people there to agree with the law.

SeansBlueXJ said:
Kennesaw, I was there once, scary place. Most people there open cary too. I dont think it was too hard to get the people there to agree with the law.
Sounds like my kind of city.

The opposite of what happened in Australia. I am not sure if it was just one part, or all of AUS, but they banned guns. The following year I read a chart saying violent crimes went up 47% (previously it was on a downward trend). Although I haven't been able to find any recent information on that... maybe if anyone from AUS reads this, they can give us a bit more info!

Back