• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

my new (to me) rear bumper

GrimmJeeper said:
just stating the fact for emphasis...

i dont use the reciever as a tow point, or at all for that matter, and its not why i bought the bumper. i dont really trust it either. i just like having the rear d-ring mounts just in case. eventually i will pick up a better bumper but for now this one does the trick. im just trying to explain the setup to someone who might be looking into this bumper.

:peace:

-G

A better bumper? If I'm going to spend about $800 for this bumper I plan on keeping it, well forever. What would be a better bumper, with tire carrier. Warn, Wilderness?

muckleroy said:
A better bumper? If I'm going to spend about $800 for this bumper I plan on keeping it, well forever. What would be a better bumper, with tire carrier. Warn, Wilderness?
JCRoffroad all the way.

stg3xjreardsc.jpg

lancey3 said:
JCRoffroad all the way.

stg3xjreardsc.jpg

Thanks.

Hey how are those RC disconnects working for you? I was thinking about getting a pair. (I'm assuming I just need the two up front).

muckleroy said:
Thanks.

Hey how are those RC disconnects working for you? I was thinking about getting a pair. (I'm assuming I just need the two up front).

Annoying as can be. Spend the extra dough on the JKS ones.

i only say i want to upgrade because i got my bumper used for 200$, so i dont have too much invested in it. im happy with it, ive made a few pulls with it, but as Sequoia stated its not really something you want to be pulling real hard on, the stock bumper mounts are not exactly known for being strong.

muckleroy said:

I have a Durango and love it. Its been through hell and back. I actually got it off of a friends jeep that was totaled in a rear end accident. He was at a dead stop and got hit my another cherokee that was going 50mph(drunk). It destroyed my friends jeep, pushed the a pillars forward and broke both seats etc. The tire carrier needed a little work but the durango bumper bolted right onto my jeep no problem. Damn tough bumper! IIRC they are more than $800 but they are stout.

Back