• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My new MJ interior

davidt

NAXJA Forum User
Finished the interior a while ago, but I never posted up pics. The supposedly "bolt in" seats were not so bolt in. I had to use my old brackets from my bench seat, luckily, the brackets worked perfectly. Now I am just waiting to put in my stereo and CB then the interior will be done (with the interior)!

Before
seat1.jpg

After
newinterior1.jpg

console.jpg

I know, I know, I have cherokee envy. It is a cherokee center console with 2 door cherokee seats (they go forward so I can have easy access behind the seats). Big thanks goes out to cj5_monkeyman, always appreciate his help. Also big thanks to Billy (jeepfreak) and jes for the seats!

Nice. you'd never be able to notice anything had been changed if you didnt know that wasnt the way it came stock. looks like you got a little bit of wire hanging out the dash though. haha

Looks good, but it's not as Brett would say (Cake approved--Stick shift & Safety Belts). :laugh3: I have the same interior in my 91' 2 door XJ.

Nice, it looks great! :thumbup: I'd like to do the exact same thing with mine so I have a couple questions for you...
The cab is tight for me already, do you notice any difference in room between the bench and buckets?
Did you have to change out the seatbelts too?
What brand bedliner did you use and how is it for noise and heat?
Thanks!
:sunshine:

TekkaMaki said:
Nice, it looks great! :thumbup: I'd like to do the exact same thing with mine so I have a couple questions for you...
The cab is tight for me already, do you notice any difference in room between the bench and buckets?
Did you have to change out the seatbelts too?
What brand bedliner did you use and how is it for noise and heat?
Thanks!
:sunshine:

Nice avatar...I think that there is more room in the cab and it is 100 times more comfortable. If you do it, make sure to get the 2 door xj seats so you still have access to behind the seats. I only had to change the seatbelt buckles, not the whole seatbelts. I used duplicolocor, which is garbage, I would not recommend it. If I were to do it again, I would use herculiner. As far as noise, it is substantially louder (I tore out the headliner and did some modifications to the exhaust too, so those are other large factors in the noise issue), as far as heat, it is about the same, I haven't noticed any difference. Here is a link to the bedlined interior thread
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46301
The center console was a great addition IMHO, I only had to drill 4 holes and put 2 brackets in for it to work. I have had 2 xj's in the past and I have loved the interior configuration, so I just put it in my MJ. As far as the seats go, make sure the brackets are the same, it will save you a TON of time (took me 3 hours to make the brackets work). Anyway, if you have any more questions, or want any more pictures, let me know.

That looks real good. You couldn't tell the difference between that and my factory MJ buckets and console. I def. like the buckets in mine compared to the bench in my 2wd. Is the factory buckets in a MJ rare? Mine is a 88 Comanche Chief so I was thinking it was just part of the chief package. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Back