• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My Mazda Dealer sucks

bigalpha

1. If you're going to warranty my PS pump next week, don't recommend that I have a PS fluid flush done.

2. If you replaced my coolant 6 months ago due to a faulty thermostat, figure out why my coolant is nasty enough to need replacement.

3. If you find my transmission fluid leaking - find out where from so you can fix it. In addition, don't offer to perform ATX fluid exchange service for ~$200 before you end up replacing the fluid to fix the leak.

4. Also, if you tested my battery 6 months ago and found it had low CCAs; don't tell me the battery is *insert green checkmark here*. Obviously, my battery will not magically get better over time.

I want a 2007ish Mazdaspeed 3. Or 6. Either would be hilariously fun to drive.

A guy I work with had a nightmare of a time with a mazda dealer too. They kept his car for over a month because of a botched clutch job and then tried to fight him on the rental car costs.

I refuse to buy a mazda for that very reason. I delt with a mazda dealer in Conroe, Texas. They did the same type things, the warranty was as fluid as a written document could be, and the service was worse. I will not go into detail, (I will if need be) However, I will never buy another mazda, nor will I help sell one. Even though, after I stopped bringing my vehical (new b3000) to them it lasted over 300k miles without any problems, it's still running.
The service was so bad, I stood on their sales floor and vocalized my dissapointment, and as you see. I told them the truth, I will warn anyone I can about the "sales and service" issues with their otherwise great product.

Last edited:
Darky. Mine is a 2008. Take over the payments and you can have it. Dealer maintained and only 2 accidents. Minor. :)

Even though, after I stopped bringing my vehical (new b3000) to them it lasted over 300k miles without any problems, it's still running. I will warn anyone I can about the "sales and service" issues with their otherwise great product.

The B3000 was built by Ford, and rebadged as a Mazda.

Mazda rx7 ftw. Don't have one, but wouldn't mind driving one. Not a fan of new cars anyways. I don't like how the computer controls every thing. It makes it impossible to do your own work. Then you get to take it to the dealershit and they charge you $90+ an hour in labor.

Mazda rx7 ftw. Don't have one, but wouldn't mind driving one. Not a fan of new cars anyways. I don't like how the computer controls every thing. It makes it impossible to do your own work. Then you get to take it to the dealershit and they charge you $90+ an hour in labor.

I don't see how it's impossible for you to work on newer cars, you just need modern equipment.

This sounds like my experience with the local Honda dealer.

The car came from my grandfather, and has never seen anything other than a dealer for service.
I take it to the local dealer up here, for a recall issue, 5 HOURS later the service writer hands me an estimate for $1500 worth of work and the recall issue still isn't fixed. 5 HOURS I waited and the damned thing still has an SRS light. They wanted to exchange every damned fluid in the car, and charge me $450 to do ONE balljoint. If I'm paying you $400 for labor shouldn't you just do them both, I mean, you'll have the knuckle off anyway....

I don't see how it's impossible for you to work on newer cars, you just need modern equipment.

Yeah, because I've got 25K burning a hole in my back pocket to buy the crazy Honda computer that actually lets me diagnose anything other than a check engine light.

sounds like my son's experience with Ford, his Windsar got a recall for a rear axle replacement. they don't have one available for 2 months. we can't release your van, he has 4 kids so the rental company gives him, paid for by Ford, a PT cruiser!!!!

Yeah, because I've got 25K burning a hole in my back pocket to buy the crazy Honda computer that actually lets me diagnose anything other than a check engine light.

Well, that doesn't make it impossible, that makes it out of your price range. Besides, there's plenty of kids out there modding modern vehicles on a budget. You don't need the same equipment that the dealer has, a laptop and proper interface can do the job.

sounds like my son's experience with Ford, his Windsar got a recall for a rear axle replacement. they don't have one available for 2 months. we can't release your van, he has 4 kids so the rental company gives him, paid for by Ford, a PT cruiser!!!!

those axles are starting to come in already but there about 2-3 months behind, the rental company's are handing out what they have (ford cant do anything about that) besides would you want your son and 4 grand kids in the van while driving 70 down the interstate to crash and burn cause the rear end fell out and they went spinning out of control , BTW the front sub-frame has a recall also might want to have him call his dealer and make sure there checking that also

Well, that doesn't make it impossible, that makes it out of your price range. Besides, there's plenty of kids out there modding modern vehicles on a budget. You don't need the same equipment that the dealer has, a laptop and proper interface can do the job.

it also makes it out of just about every home mechanics price range.

There are no interfaces to let you access the SRS or ABS system in most modern cars. Access to the ECU is only given because the fed mandated it as part of OBD.

I had a problem with a seat belt buckle, the ONLY way to diagnose it with the SRS system is Honda's special machine/software. I diagnosed it using common sense and knew it was the belt buckle and it would be repaired for free. Had I guessed wrong the dealer would have charged me 80 bucks to tell me the failed part that was tripping the light. 80 bucks to hook it up to a scanner and pull a code is a little bit much don't you think? But I guess they've got to pay off the Honda machine.

Needless to say there's a reason I loves the Renix, because it can be diagnosed with a multimeter and a hammer. Multimeter first, hammer second.

those axles are starting to come in already but there about 2-3 months behind, the rental company's are handing out what they have (ford cant do anything about that) besides would you want your son and 4 grand kids in the van while driving 70 down the interstate to crash and burn cause the rear end fell out and they went spinning out of control , BTW the front sub-frame has a recall also might want to have him call his dealer and make sure there checking that also

Ford isn't the only one with issues, remember the Toyota Tacma buyback because the frames rusted in half?

Ford isn't the only one with issues, remember the Toyota Tacma buyback because the frames rusted in half?

i do remember that one, all car company's have there problems it all starts somewhere down the where some kid straight out of school who has never touched a car says "hey we can save a couple bucks by making this part cheaper" and everybodys like give that kid a raise. 10 years later bam axles are falling out and frames are rusting in half

i do remember that one, all car company's have there problems it all starts somewhere down the where some kid straight out of school who has never touched a car says "hey we can save a couple bucks by making this part cheaper" and everybodys like give that kid a raise. 10 years later bam axles are falling out and frames are rusting in half

If you look at the rear beam on a windstar you can tell it's a bad design.

Lets see, inverted U with channels to catch and hold water/road salt: Check

Lightening holes to let water/road salt in: Check

Metal made as thinly as possible to save a few bucks: Check

I don't know why Ford felt the need to re-invent the beam axle. Chrysler's been using the same tube with knuckles welded to it for a long time. They should have just copied it.

it also makes it out of just about every home mechanics price range.

There are no interfaces to let you access the SRS or ABS system in most modern cars. Access to the ECU is only given because the fed mandated it as part of OBD.

I had a problem with a seat belt buckle, the ONLY way to diagnose it with the SRS system is Honda's special machine/software. I diagnosed it using common sense and knew it was the belt buckle and it would be repaired for free. Had I guessed wrong the dealer would have charged me 80 bucks to tell me the failed part that was tripping the light. 80 bucks to hook it up to a scanner and pull a code is a little bit much don't you think? But I guess they've got to pay off the Honda machine.

Needless to say there's a reason I loves the Renix, because it can be diagnosed with a multimeter and a hammer. Multimeter first, hammer second.

I still don't see the argument. If I followed the FSM for my XJ using only the tools and methods they use then I would be out of luck doing my own work. Dealers have the best of the best equipment(or they should) that does not mean you need it to do the work. Your claim of it being impossible to work on modern cars is just false. It may not be easy for people used to working on older vehicles yes, but that makes it out of the ability/price range for those people.

You mention ABS scan tools, the first result on google brought me this. Seems that these can scan modern ABS for far less than the 25k you said. Searching just for a honda SRS tool brings a lot of these. I'm no honda guy but it seems scan tools are certainly out there for cheap. A lot of searches showed forum threads talking about using paper clips to see the trouble codes.

Forgot the paper clip link, maybe this would have showed your seat belt issue.

Last edited:
you should see the new ones coming in

If you look at the rear beam on a windstar you can tell it's a bad design.

Lets see, inverted U with channels to catch and hold water/road salt: Check/check

Lightening holes to let water/road salt in: Check/check

Metal made as thinly as possible to save a few bucks: Check/check

I'll take any one of the three Mazda dealers, over the ONE jeep dealer around me.

My local Jeep/dodge dealer should of been the one to close while the other 2 that got shut down should of stayed open.

Needless to say.. I order all Mopar parts online now.

Back