• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My lowish back woods xj build!

I really think it made a big difference I still get 16.8mpg around town with a 60 mile woods trip in there. It engine brakes like nothing I have ever had before and when climbing if I feel wheel slip I can lug it down to 500rpm no stalling out even with the 3.07 gears i think with bigger tires and 4.56 gears I'm going to have a hard time keeping front axles in it.

We'll the jeep is no longer a daily driver I purchased a 1998 chevy 1500 z71 this weekend. So the jeep is going to be a dedicated wheeler I'm going to cut the rear fenders hopefully this week and get ready to slam some 35's under this pig.:roll:

I'm really hoping I can do 35's without bump stoping it more than the shocks limiting it. So like 3/4in before bottoming the shocks with no rub.

The jeep is now on 35/12.50r15 Goodyear mtr Kevlar's and crager soft 8 style wheels 3.75 backspacing it looks great I just have to finish up my rear fender mods and bumpstops but just driving on dirt roads with trimmed fenders and a cut and fold rear I have no rubbing yet but I know flexed out I'll have some. I'll post some pics tomorrow night.

Here is the pics let me know what you guys think please and thank you!

image_zpsd5a3817e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

image_zps8264cef5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

image_zpsc5464f07.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Came across this thread while searching for four wheeler trails as that is where I spent a lot of time in my XJ. Just wondering how this turned out for you, 35's on a 3" lift on 4 wheeler trails.

Back