• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My Jeep is faster than yours

superdave

NAXJA Forum User
Before we start let me preface with this is an Intellitronix speedometer, set up correctly and has a GPS sending unit which is supposedly accurate regardless of tire size, gear ratio, etc. Yes, this is my Jeep. Taken with my phone so the quality isn't all that great.
speed172.jpg

Just to show this wasn't a photo grab off the internet, here's a still shot of the dash followed by a couple from outside the XJ.
0831121217.jpg

0831121219.jpg

0831121220.jpg

lol my phone GPS does the same thing when i use it to calculate the speed on my walks, if it loses the satelite for a second or two and i've moved it assumes im walking at 168+ mph as my top speed achieved.

Dang it. Now you've gone and spoiled the secret. It has shown over 225 several times.

Kilometers. Damn canadians! ha! South Park started it!

Here's what I did on the weekend. Top this!

speedo.jpg
You and your crazy powers of ten measurement system!

I've done an honest 120 in my old XJ when it was stock, 116 in my 98 XJ (stock), and 120 in my MJ when it was stock, and had some power left in every case, except the 98, which cut fuel injection at 116 preventing me from going any faster. 120 was scary fast and I didn't want to go any faster, that's for sure.

I looked at this for my MJ. I have the option of an expensive speedometer cable to reach my TC (have a klune/231 setup) or purchase this.

I think I may do the cable :/

I looked at this for my MJ. I have the option of an expensive speedometer cable to reach my TC (have a klune/231 setup) or purchase this.

I think I may do the cable :/
I am looking at getting rid of the GPS unit as well. The speedo is way cool, but if it doesn't read correctly it's no good to me.

I am looking at getting rid of the GPS unit as well. The speedo is way cool, but if it doesn't read correctly it's no good to me.

I only need general speed....need to make certain I am not going 50 in a 25 and what not. Absolute accuracy is not so important to me (I don't caclulate fuel economy, etc on it.)

I had my friend do a GPS speed check while we where driving, 65mph = 85mph... And im pretty sure ive hit 80mph on my speedo. Oh, and we did this with a dented drive shaft, and bent steering.

Back