• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My (in progress) whack at half doors

ill give you a 18 pack of beer if you come down and do mine.

jrowell said:
Spotters are for pu$%ies that can't drive their own rig! (JK)
Word, or at least for after you have given it a few tries on your own.

Ramsey said:
Word, or at least for after you have given it a few tries on your own.

im holdin you to that...

like being upside down? :wave:

always thought these door handles were pretty cool also...

halfdoor.jpg

XJ_ranger said:
im holdin you to that...

like being upside down? :wave:
I hope you hold me if we go upside down, I'll be crying like a little girl. Some situations do require spotting, but getting a spot just feels like losing to me.

Smittty9785 said:
ill give you a 18 pack of beer if you come down and do mine.

gonna cost you a little more than that!

camarors8992 said:
What about your radio ? You no longer have your door speakers.

marine speakers, not the best but they'll do

Todays progress:

dd1.jpg

dd2.jpg

then the postman delivered more work!
22.jpg

whatta guy!

Is it worth body filling the welds? I've ground them smooth, or will it just crack and fall out? or maybe black bedliner ?rub off on my pants?

shoot at this point you might as well weld the doors shut, cage it, put in some racing seats, go olive drab, tactical military off road urban death buggy!!!!!!!!

bcmaxx said:
Todays progress:

then the postman delivered more work!
22.jpg

whatta guy!

Damn, those are some beefy hinges for your doors man. Talk about over kill. :yap:

Half doors are the way to go at least in the summer. It's easy to do the snaps. Just run a sheet metal screw down the center of them, measure where ya put them and then rivit the other half to the door after it's finished.

I've not had any problems with them flapping at at highway speed, if I remember to do all the snaps. It is surprisingly quiet and calm at least in the front seats.

Will try and get some pictures of mine if I remember tomorrow.

--Tom

Back