• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My HP44 swap

JOSEJALAPENO

NAXJA Forum User
So here I go with my HP 44 swap. I was not going to do this swap till winter. But I got all my
Chit ready to go. So I got it going.

Here are some pics of knuckles & my housing taking its surgery. I am also going to be adding a set of long arms.

Last edited:
So here are more pics.

IMG958564.jpg IMG957502.jpg

The last pic for now.

IMG958146.jpg

You better hurry up the good rocks are almost cool enought to come and play! Goatfest is in November!?!

Who is doing the welding and "surgery"? All you? Friends? Shop? Mom?

Once you are done can I have it? Thanks in advance!

And more photos as you go PLEASE!

You better hurry up the good rocks are almost cool enought to come and play! Goatfest is in November!?!

Who is doing the welding and "surgery"? All you? Friends? Shop? Mom?

Once you are done can I have it? Thanks in advance!

And more photos as you go PLEASE!

Goatfest would be fun & is on my to do list. You can have it all when i am done. I just will send you the bill or i can stop by & pick up a check next time i am in San Jose... :cheers:

All the welding & Fab work is being done by O.R.I here in Ree-Noo Nv.. (Exit 28 Motorsports).. I am doing the rest of the install. Long arms, gears steering & the rest of the chit that go's with it all.

Last edited:
Is this what the 44 housing is for??? Didnt know you were in a big hurry. I'll be around all weekend if you want to swing down and pick it up.

Is this what the 44 housing is for??? Didnt know you were in a big hurry. I'll be around all weekend if you want to swing down and pick it up.

No not at all. I have been working this axle for a bit now. Your axle is for a coworker that just got into jeep thing. I will PM you if can get down there.

Here go some more I just got.

IMG957953.jpg IMG951120.jpg

This one is all welded up just not the upper control arm mounts.

IMG954824.jpg

I like the full truss work and welding. The Reid knuckles are awesome, are those the Fords or Chevys?
I don't like the coil buckets or where they are placed.

I like the full truss work and welding. The Reid knuckles are awesome, are those the Fords or Chevys?
I don't like the coil buckets or where they are placed.

The knuckles are a ford set up. The truss looks to have turned out nice. On the coil buckets I will just have to see how it sits when it is under the rig.

Sweet, the Ford flat tops are the way to go, way better(and cheaper in the long run) than the Chevys. I would have bought those had they been available when I did my 44.
I'm only hatin' on the coil buckets because I don't see any reason to use stock geometry when doing a custom axle. I prefer the coils centered above the axle tube to push the axle forward a bit and ofcourse wouldn't bother with a four link. But that's just me.
Axle looks good.

Sweet, the Ford flat tops are the way to go, way better(and cheaper in the long run) than the Chevys. I would have bought those had they been available when I did my 44.
I'm only hatin' on the coil buckets because I don't see any reason to use stock geometry when doing a custom axle. I prefer the coils centered above the axle tube to push the axle forward a bit and ofcourse wouldn't bother with a four link. But that's just me.
Axle looks good.

Yea the knuckles are all BEEF no doubt on that.. On the coil buckets I see & get what you are talking about. If it don't work after the first shake down run we may just rethink a different set up. I thank you for the input.

Joe...

I'm sure you've talked to Bryan but if I recall he repositioned his coil buckets to push the axle forward a little.

Yea we did talk about that. I did tell ORI to try to do some thing like that. We will see how it turns out..

Well i got the axle back, Now i start the install of the gears & the locker. I will have pics of that soon.. I hope to be driving it by the end of the month..

Hey Joe, nice lookin axle. Did you narrow it any? One thing I noticed, but could be just the angle of the photo. It looks like the uca mount was straight, not angled like the stock mounts. Just thought I'd mention it in case it was meant to have stock geometry on the arms/mounts. looking good tho. I hope mine will look as good also, whenever I finally finish it.

Hey Joe, nice lookin axle. Did you narrow it any? One thing I noticed, but could be just the angle of the photo. It looks like the uca mount was straight, not angled like the stock mounts. Just thought I'd mention it in case it was meant to have stock geometry on the arms/mounts. looking good tho. I hope mine will look as good also, whenever I finally finish it.

Hey Rob, I did not narrow the axle any, The pics i posted do not do it any
justice at all. The UCA are in geometry with the shocks mounts. I had it back & had time to look at it. I cant wait to get it under my rig.

Back