• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

my front endlooks bent

Mr.OverKill

NAXJA Forum User
my front end looks like the wheels come in on the top and i was wondering if that was normal and if it was adjustable????? it is an 85 cherokee 4X4 dana 30 axle stock for now but soon to have a chev 350 and the corrosponding needed lift to be on the road again, thanks in advance for your help this time.

Troy

thank you

xjnation said:
yes the top of the tires is in a couple of degrees,

ok, i finaly took a pic of the front end and it looks not right, experts, help please!
DSCN0454.jpg

is it just an illusion because of the bigger tires or is it tweaked????

The tires are being skewed. You are running too much toe out. Jack up the front axle and then let it back down. That will allow the tires themselves to center on the rims. You can then measure the distance side to side between the fronts and rears of the tires on the front axle. This is a common thing. As you roll forward the portion of the tires on the ground try to roll away from each other. The whole tire gets "bent". Lifting and releasing the rubber to center will give you an accurate picture.

A short test is to roll it backwards for a ways, If you look at the tires then, the bottoms will be closer than the tops.

I'd go with Old_Man. The passenger tire in particular looks like the bottom is being pulled outward.

How does it feel when you're driving it on the street?

i noticed the same thing on mine. i was running 235/75/r15's with no lift and never noticed anything, then i put on about 4.5 inches of lift and was driving around on the same tires and i noticed the camber looked way off. i thought maybe the lift did it, but with it being a straight axle theres pretty much no way. now i have 31/10.5's and there set the same way. it rides just fine on-road, im just worried about tire wear.

not worried about tire ware, it is a trail rig only and those are $10 tires any way( killer deal from one of the old timers that i trail with ) did the back up thing and you were roght old man, it was the opposite way. i guess i need to get an alignment ( should do one myself at the local high school )

i cant tell the difference in the way it rides, because i bought it, drove it on to a trailer, off the trailer, put the 350 in it and welded the suspention solid so i could drive it to my new house then i put the lift and tires on it for a total driving distance of 5 or 6 miles on welded springs ( the ride sucked like that )

thanks to you all.

Last edited:
A tape measure is your friend. You can do as good a job as an alignment shop.

Back