• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My first thread

Well, as close to it as possible. It is getting a small lift (2 in BB) and a WAAG brush guard. That's about it. It should last me for a LONG time

If you're going to wheel it, skid plates and rock rails are a must. Did you hear that Silver60th? If you need help installing them, I've got a garage.

w00t I now have a place to tinker at. In all seriousness, it won't be seeing a whole lot of wheeling except for maybe a few (light!) trails in New Mexico. Unless Offroad Tech or someone comes after me with a hand full of money.

Wait a second...does this mean there is an awesome XJ lurking in the Sub parking lot?

Last edited:
w00t I now have a place to tinker at. In all seriousness, it won't be seeing a whole lot of wheeling except for maybe a few (light!) trails in New Mexico. Unless Offroad Tech or someone comes after me with a hand full of money.

Wait a second...does this mean there is an awesome XJ lurking in the Sub parking lot?

No, I ride a bicycle to work unless the weather is really bad, then my GF drops me off. I save a ton on gas and parking that way, plus it's good exercise.

Last edited:
Ah. Well I haven't been to the library much lately. I still trying to get a new parking permit for this jeep, as this is the first weekend it has seen campus.

Oh, and something I forgot to add. The jeep isn't completely stock. It came with a K&N Cold Air Intake and a new set of larger Kelly SJR tires.

Last edited:
Glad your plans include keeping it in good shape rather than destroying it on the trails !!

So I figured I needed to update my "first thread".

Here is a pic from when I got the jeep (if you are too lazy to check page 1):

100_1016.jpg

And here is now:

P9220068.jpg

P9220069.jpg

This is a damn addiction....

Don't listen to the guys saying to beat it up... buy another one on craigslist and beat THAT one, then build it more, then beat it more, etc etc. I've already decided my nearly-clean XJ is never going higher than 2" and 31s/32s with mild wheeling, if I really go nuts I'm going to pick up a $300 or $500 craigslist special now that I know what makes them tick and don't need to be afraid about getting to work the next day.

Also, this means having two XJs instead of one!

looking good :)

Hey TripleDuck, check the RRC 4-sale section.

I'm kinda surprised that no one has poked fun at my "crazy aggressive" tires yet lol

Back