• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My familiy's bad news

playwithit

NAXJA Forum User
Well I have not posted lately and am ready to share some very bad news.

on May 13th, the day after my return from Hawaii I received a call from my ex-wife that my son Jared was admitted to Sutter Roseville Hospital with mobility issues on the left side of his body. I drove immediately from Fairfield to Roseville to be with him. Upon arrival the results from a MRI revealed a tumor in his spinal cord at the base of his brain. The doctors recommended surgery the next morning to attempt removal. After nine hours of surgery the surgeon met with our family and reported that he was able to remove about 85% of the tumor.

Jared, since his release from ICU on the 20th has been hard at work learning to move his extremities and at this time is feeding himself, learning to walk with assistance and is will be walking across the stage with the help of his best friend for graduation from Lincoln High School on Friday.

The biopsy on the tumor has come back stage 3 Astrocytoma. Jared, who turns 18 on June 22 will be undergoing radiation and chemotherapy treatments for many weeks.

I am extremely proud of Jared and his positive outlook and his hard work during Physical therapy. During this difficult time for Jared and our family, please keep us in your prayers.
8_1_09008.jpg

God bless.

Glad to hear good news about your son dude! Its always hard to deal with sudden things like this. A word of advice for him from myself, who has Beckers Muscular Dystrophy, is to not let it get him down. Its hard at times but its made me a stronger person and kept me on a straight path! I wish the best for him and your family during this unfortunate time.

kelly i hope and pray for a full recovery for your son!

God your son and family!

Kelly, wishing Jared and your family the best as you deal with this. Cool that he's going to be able to walk the stage Friday. Congrats!

Thank you all for the + thoughts. Today has been a really good day for him.

Back