• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My Experience with Quadratec

Doesn't someone on here work for Quadratec? I could have swore that there was a guy who worked for them

Yes there are and I know a few guys there, and I have never had a problem with their products or reps. It happens everywhere sometimes sorry to hear.

I'v bought alot of parts online over the last decade and better in this hobby. I have also worked in the Jeep parts business.

Q-Tech has always been one of the best vendors IMHO, sure they may cost a few bucks more but i always got what i ordered and usually the following day. Friendly and courtious sales reps as well.

I called them this past friday afternoon with a bad part, they waranteed it and i had the new one yesterday. Thats a quik turnaround anyway you look at it. Alot of places would have insisted i return the defective part first... then approve or deny a warranty claim.

If they have a product listed in their catalog as available you can bet they were told they would be by the manufacturer. Sounds like the mfr dropped the ball on this one and the sales rep at Q-Tech had a bad day and may have been tired of hearing your story... it happens.

My experience with the large vending houses, not to single out Qtec, is that while some of their reps are knowledgable, more of them are not. If you have a tech question you do well to ask probing questions including questions you know the answer to in order to gauge the knowledge level of the agent you are talking to. You need to also call in multiple times to see if you get multiple answers to the same question because the ones that don't know their stuff tend to just wing it.

It would not suprise me in the least that they also provide "improvised answers" in regard to product availability. They are there to sell.

Last edited:
I used to work for Quad... sending a pm to 99xjlove in a sec.

Backorder issues are always a pain. If we're told up front that a product will not be available in a timely matter, then we'll delay putting it on the website. But, there are times when we're told a product will be available in a 2 months and then get strung along. One example, we put a JK rear swingaway bumper into the system in Feb 3 months after we were told about it. first order in March, 2nd in April, then a bunch started coming in. The company wanted to dropship them all due to weight. Guy number 1 never called in after he placed the order. Guy number 2 started calling in May, we were told shipping in 2 weeks. this repeated itself through the summer into the fall with a variety of excuses for why it would be another week or 2 weeks. Guy number 2 got his bumper in November! So we were lied to for months, and the customer called the company on his own and got the same lies, so he stopped yelling at us after July or so... But we still looked like the bad guy.

As a general rule, we receive shipments within 2 weeks of when we order them, and the sales system shows when the last order was made. So you'll hear "7-10 business days for delivery" a lot, since that sounds better than 1-2 weeks. Occassionaly though, you'll have problems like I mentioned above. When I could, I would add an ETA for products that would be longer than 2 weeks that would show up for the sales guy. Then they could let the person know it would be longer. Currently, Borla hasn't shipped anything since October and I think pushed back the shipping dates back to late Feb or March. Most of the Borla products will show that in the sales screens. But, one problem with this is that our systems were designed for mail order and phone orders. It wasn't designed to interact with the website, so it doesn't show any of those details on the web. The shopping cart is all stored on the website, nothing is done on the sale system until the order is submitted. So if you ordered a Borla exhaust and your confirmation email said backordered, you might not know how long it would take unless you already knew or called in to ask. We never liked that, but it's not something anybody knows how to fix.

That said, any large company has issues. Some with training, some with general incompetence, whatever... I used to work the customer service line, and people usually knew what they wanted when they called in. If they told me to cancel a backorder, I'd cancel it and say "ok, you're all set". I usually wouldn't offer an alternative unless they asked for it, or if it was something hard to find. I really doubt that "They just said that since they didn't charge my card then they didn't owe me any explination.", but there is one guy I know who is that cocky. We used to apologize, and explain that we're waiting for the product, we don't know why it's not in yet.

This is the same no matter who you talk to with large companies, at one point Quadratec had over 20 sales guys, 10 very experienced, and the other 10 with varying experience levels and 10 in CS some who would help out in sales if it got very busy. I've had issues at 4wd and other companies on technical questions, too. Even when I've called Rancho or even the massive Omix-ada/Rugged Ridge I would know more about the products than even the tech guys the customer service people transfered me to. I got burned by Omix when I ordered an exhaust pipe for a 00-01. They listed it as being the pipe between the downpipe and cat, turned out to be just a 6" length of 2.5" pipe with a 3 bolt flange welded to it (wrong flange, too!). All of their catalogs and tech people said it was a full OE-replacement pipe.

Receiving wrong parts? Yup, it happens... When 8 guys are packaging and shipping 2000 boxes in a day, you'll see some of them get mixed up. Amazingly, it's well under 1%. They'll have 40-60 orders sitting on a cart, and since they are sorted in order of shelf location, you'll get issues with similar products being switched. Somebody gets the hat with the red logo, somebody gets the hat with the green logo. What confuses me is when somebody gets JKS disconnects instead of grab handles. :) That's usually because the shipping labels get switched, though. And yeah, you'll have times when a product goes out missing parts, sometimes due to MFG packing, sometimes it gets ripped open and it falls out and it's not inspected by the guy packing 150 boxes an hour. Yes, it's not acceptable, but it happens. It's always somebody elses problem to deal with.

Ah well, I don't work there any more, just some of my thoughts as somebody who has worked for the one of the big guys. I'm having a problem with Tigerdirect right now, but I learned from my time at Quadratec to just relax and be patient. Being rude gets you knowhere, be polite and they'll work with you. The times I got some hotshot or a guy screaming at me, I instantly switched to slow mode. I took my time doing anything, mainly so I wouldn't snap at him. Left him on hold longer, entered notes on the order before coming back, instead of after hanging up, etc. A lot of tricks people can use if you're being a jerk. :) I tend to be super-polite when dealing with any customer service people, even checkout clerks at the movies. Always make them feel like you need their help, not that they have to help you and I've noticed that you get a lot further. That said, sometimes you get a bad egg. I've had to call back to get a different person because for whatever reason, the guy has an attitude or just doesn't care.

Last edited:
This probably has nothing to do with Quadratec but everywhere. Work Ethic. Thats all it comes down to, if you get employed to do something, you better do it. I have only worked at one place (I'm 17), but they employe me, and pay me to do the work. Alot of people dont care about it, so they just sit around. I try to do the best job I can possibly do, mostly so I can get a good reputation and bring it to my next place of work, but also so they will rehire me if I need a job. Another reason to do a good job is to give your place of employment a good reputation.

whateva
Quadratec had over 20 sales guys, 10 very experienced, and the other 10 with varying experience levels and 10 in CS some who would help out in sales if it got very busy. I've had issues at 4wd and other companies on technical questions, too. Even when I've called Rancho or even the massive Omix-ada/Rugged Ridge I would know more about the products than even the tech guys the customer service people transfered me to

Like he pretty much said, it helps to know a lot about something if you are going to work in that area.

my 2 cents

From a QuadraTec rep on JU, where the OP was cut-n-pasted. If this is the customer service people are complaining about, I want lists of all your vendors- mine suck in comparison.

Hey man,

Sorry about this whole ordeal. A lot of manufacturers will push their latest and greatest product to us. They tell us to start advertising it and taking orders and that it'll be to us within X amount of time. In most cases, this is true and it arrives in time. In some cases, the items are not even made and are discontinued before production. It kinda stinks, especially for customers who are waiting on the item(s) such as yourself.

If you don't mind, PM me your order # and I'll see what I can do for you. We do sell lots of other stock replacement filter brands for your XJ. I'd suggest K&N as I've had good experience with their products in my performance vehicles as well as my Jeeps:
http://www.quadratec.com/products/77001_803.htm

Like I said, shoot me your info via PM and we'll get you taken care of.

Last edited:
From a QuadraTec rep on JU, where the OP was cut-n-pasted. If this is the customer service people are complaining about, I want lists of all your vendors- mine suck in comparison.

Agreed. I personally cant believe this is on all the Cherokee boards out there. The OP didnt lose a dime, and i bet Q-Tech is getting a bad rap because the mfr of the airfilter couldnt get their stuff together.

Then you have another vendor out there who dont deliver parts, keep thousands and never reply to those awaiting a refund or their parts. I wont mention the vendor but if your curious you can find it on Pirate where he's now banned. He tried reregistering under another name.. now thats a bad vendor.

I called Q-Tech today for a new catalytic converter. They dont have one listed for a 94 XJ w/4.0L. I asked why i couldnt use the same year TJ application. They put me on hold, called the manufacturer and said that i could use this part. They said i should have it tomorrow. Another satisfied transaction from Q-Tech, i'll continue to support them.

That could read strangely, but I meant that the same user posted the same thread on another forum. Great deal of pissing and moaning for a freakin' filter, ya know?

I'd agree they treat their customers poorly, from my experiences. And have heard the same feelings from some local jeeple.
When?

... when as in... how recently? Over the past year that I have started Modding / Talking to other buddies with Jeeps. Or when as in: ...When you speak to their "knowledgeable staff" and either getting advise and or trying to order a part(s).

I'm sorry but the filter still isn't listed on AEM's web site, so they were still trying to sell me something that the company doesn't even sell yet. Quadratec is still listing it for sale on thier site as well. http://www.quadratec.com/products/17112_800.htm

I'm not trying to make a huge deal about this. I just wanted to vent. I figured I would let you guys know about my experience and see what you thought. It's not like i'm going to ruin their buisness or something like that. I'm only one person, but still they were wrong none the less.

Last edited:
Back