• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

my early plans on a 4.6l stroker........any advice?

I have a HV oil pump and I have no cold start issues...and didn't in the cold winter weather.
Running KB944 pistons and I think the the CR is somewhere around 8.7? I'd have to ask the builder.
For a cam I'm pretty sure (working from memory) that I have the -231 comp cams extreme 4x4
Tons of low end and it falls on it's face around 4500, but I have only had it up that high maybe 4 or 5 times since it's been built (10K miles)
I went with the high dollar Banks Torque tube header
For Oil I use 30w Brad Penn oil, for the camshaft
Went with camsaver lifters

edit
also a 62mm TB, and it's super snappy with this build. lots of fun to drive

So after doing some research, the only difference in the 802cp30 and the 825cp30 is the ring size. The 825 uses slighlty...and I mean slightly larger rings.
Another thing, after realizing my quench would be around .082, i have decided to mill the block. attempting to bring my quench near .045, and allowing my quench to be .050 max. I will be between 10.24 CR (with .050 quench) to 10.34 CR (with .045 quench). I will have to cc my head to see what my volume is so i can open it up a little hopefully bringing my CR down to 9.5:1-10.0:1.

Back