• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My Border Collie is smarter than your honor student

Tucker

NAXJA Forum User
I suppose everyone has seen that bumper sticker by now... but here's proof. I just had to share this, I'm always a bit in awe of this mutt.

My wife just called and told me "your dog" (he's always "your dog" when he's in trouble) woke her from her nap ... again.

A while back he figured out that if he knocks the remote control off of the coffee table and steps on it, the tv comes on. This is a great way to wake up everyone in the house, which is exactly what he wants (usually really early on a weekend morning). My wife made a remote holder and foiled that little play.

Well, now he has a whole new game. He's figured out that if he can find my wife's car keys and step on them, the car alarm goes off. She has to go to great lengths to hide her keys when we go to bed.

It's not like he needs something, he can come and go as he pleases through the doggie door, and he has plenty of food and water, inside and out.

He just wants us out of bed.

This is getting out of hand! We already can't even SPELL certain words (like walk, trail, or river) and Lord help us if we pick up a sleeping bag. He'll jump into the Jeep and won't budge.

I suppose I should sign him up for driving lessons. Sheesh.

I love it! :D Those dogs are awesome, I want one :D

Wheelin' buddy of mine has a couple, not sure if they both are, but I know one of them is a Border. They are both sheep dogs though and they are more behaved than my girlfriend on trail runs :D

dogs.jpg

Those two are great dogs, they listen well, and are well behaved.

CRASH

cats suck at trail riding in 4x's....they are better than dogs on the ground,:
better center of gravity
great articulation
grippy treads with optional studs
front and rear lockers strong enough to climb straight up.

better center of gravity
great articulation
grippy treads with optional studs
front and rear lockers strong enough to climb straight up.

Hahah!!

BTW...that's one smart dog you've got there =)

Back