• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My best fuel mileage ever!!

oh well my o/d dosent work gettin 14 on the highway 98 xj 319.000 miles and still runsvery good youd never guess the mileage on the truck by lookin at it or hearing it run

I regularly get 17-18 city, and when I took a trip to RI last July I got 23.6 w/a full tank on the highway.

I put new plugs, wires, cap and rotor on recently, replacing the stock originals, and the mileage jumped from 14-17.5. :repair:
Its amazing what a little maintance will do :exclamati

99' 112,000 AW4

DenLip said:
Mileage was too high. You outran your gas tank. It'll take a day or two to catch up.

(I can say this, because I read the post that says he got the Jeep fixed!) :)

Den

LMFAO!! I'll remember that DenLip! guess i'll hafta start dragging a trailer behind me or something to keep the mileage down! Oddly enough, my average was usually 18, but the closer i got to the breakdown, the better my mileage got!

Lesson to be learned: If your mileage starts increasing for no apparent reason, PUT SOME MONEY ASIDE FOR THE JAY-DOUBLE-E-PEE cuz ur gonna be getting greasy!

raypla said:
I regularly get 17-18 city, and when I took a trip to RI last July I got 23.6 w/a full tank on the highway.

I put new plugs, wires, cap and rotor on recently, replacing the stock originals, and the mileage jumped from 14-17.5. :repair:
Its amazing what a little maintance will do :exclamati

99' 112,000 AW4

Well I was in disbelief this morning, I was getting ready to do some runing around in the city. I had taken a trip 2 days ago, I filled up before the trip, took the thruway there, 44 mi, at 65-68 mph, took a rural road on the way back, 55-60, filled up this morning same amount of clicks as the first fillup. To my astonishment it only took 2.6xx gal for 82.3mi :woohoo: 31.xx MPG.

I could'nt believe it. Did I calculate wrong? Is this possible? Did I just happen to find a sweet spot? I'm 98% sure the tank was topped off to the same point, am I loosing my mind?

All I can say was that I was happy all day. But today running alot of errands, stop and go stop and go, 20 or so stop and go's and it looks as though its going to be back to the normal 18.
Thats not bad though I have a 2" OME lift, Banks header, Magnaflow highflow cat and catback, K&N FIPK, 62mm TB. I pieced everything together, over a year, and I really feel everything corresponds well together

WTF.......I get like 10 GPM.:helpme: I run a '99 XJ with 31K on it. Maybe I should look into this.

23 from oregon coast to portland. @ 65-70 with 31's and stock gears on ax15 with 4.5 lift airdam for the roofrack and spare. k&n, bored tb, tbs, stock headers with 2.5 catback series 40.

best mod i did was the airdam for 3-4 mpg on the freeway and could maintain 65-80 instead of 55-60.

aver 18-20 city/hwy combo.

Back