• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

my 1st rear bumper build

Because you advertise it as a safe point.for recovery or a winch. neither of which is true. it's sketch. good for a bumper to bang a rock here or there. but anything more would be pushing it.

And im not baggin ya at all. I totally dig makin your own stuff and trying things you like even if others don't. But don't get anyone hurt, or put them in that position anyway, when you sell it.

I never said you can hang your Jeep from a tree now did I? I don't see anything wrong with light recovery with this bumper. The receiver is braced and gusseted on the inside the only less than par construction is the mounting points. As to which I've seen plenty of bumpers using stock points. Even at t4t when everyone there was head over heels for that XJ. Hating just to be hating is a waste of energy.

At least fox gave me inciteful knowledge to my next bumper which is why I'm selling. All you guys are doing is bashing just to bash. How bout this.. lets go out and see if this thing rips off with just a light tug as you all say. I don't believe it.

Who wants to run a trail tomorrow to show my inadequacies?

What's the big deal? I'm trying different ideas? What the F is wrong with selling this bumper as light duty recovery??? I've seen TONS. Of rear bumpers made with stock mounting points.

Just proves my point that theres tons of idiots selling crap on craigslist and even dumber people buying crap on there. Its honestly one of the worse bumpers ive seen built in style, design, and structural integrity...and the fact that you are offering fab services on craigslist is super scary.

I agree with mike that its awesome that you are trying to fab your own parts instead of buying off the shelf stuff, and i realize that there is a learning curve to everything. Take peoples advice, search around for pics and build threads (there are tons on here), and keep practicing. But until then you should probably practice on your own junk before you go taking peoples money for something thats ill fitting and will instantly fold up or tear off the second its put to use.

A "tug" is not a recovery or a winch pull. Two totally different scenarios.
And don't lump everyone together. If anyone in particular did something, say so. Otherwise people looking out for the best interest of you and the jeep might get mixed up and irritated. Or don't ask us what we think. You're not our girlfriends trying on a dress. You're a fellow wheeler who we want to see safe and home after a wheeling trip with minimal casualty.

i'm over it. perhaps i'll just go out and kill someone with this bumper cause it's gonna come flying at a brazilian miles an hour and decapitate someone. thanks for the constructive criticism everyone. it helped immensely. :rolleyes:

What kills me is the $250 price tag when you've got $50 in materials... I tried selling my front bumper for 200 with 1/4" mounting plates and d ring mounts and everyone said $80 tops for it because I only used the stock 3 hole mounts.

I am doing my first rear bumper build today so I will post pictures to show you some of the things these guys are saying.

I am doing my first rear bumper build today so I will post pictures to show you some of the things these guys are saying.

I can show you pics of how I did the rear bumper on my friend's XJ. I utilised the factory mounting points and then the first 2 holes on each of the frame rails where you would bolt a hitch too. Yeah, its only 4 more bolts compared to the 8 already being used. It makes a big differance though. I made his bumper out of a peice of box tubing and some plate with a receiver. Its simple but has worked very well thus far. We've used it to bull another XJ up over Big Momma Hill on Left Hand w/o any issue.

Sorry if my comments got your panties in such a bunch, and I by that I mean I feel sorry for you. Because your lack of self esteem and inabilty to accept a few comments in regards to a design you posted onto a public forum while apparently looking for other's opinion on it is just plain sad.

$50 rear bumper
0f93c53b.jpg

Back