• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Muddy Beast 2.0

Muddy Beast

NAXJA Forum User
completeish.jpg

Got her running/moving today. Installed all the important stuff, and ended up having to drive it 2 miles to a guys house (relax, I went 25mph the whole way) to get the Claytons welded. But he did drop some really clean beads. In the process of driving there I discovered (or rather heard/felt) I definately need an SYE now at the ~5" of lift I'm at...so I'll be looking into a hack and tap for the 242.

Regardless, the rig is done with the exception of cleaning up the interior, mud flaps, flares, and other minor things.

I plan to have the rig ready to wheel in a week.

~Scott

Lacks stickers and Rocker protection?

Looks worthy though.

Lacks stickers and Rocker protection?

Looks worthy though.

Rocker replacements will be done later...I need to pay off the new bike I bought and buy a decent welder, then I'll do rocker replacements. So I figure since it's winter I won't likely use my rockers much...and it doesn't matter if I dent them since I'll be cutting them out.

Stickers are constantly in the works...just need more stickers! I used all the ones I had saved.

I drove the Jeep to a friends tonight to use his garage and we got some work done. Did a "rough" alignment, fixed the tail light (after getting pulled over on the way to his house for a tail light being out), installed the passenger seat and cleaned it up a bit, and fixed my air horn :). Then we went out and just did burn-outs and such around town/tried to see what kinda speed I can hold/did a seafoaming at shell. I was once again confirmed...I NEED an SYE. It's SOOOOO freaking loud.

~Scott

Looks good Scott!

Now don't go and screw this one up too. :D

I bet it feels good to have a Jeep again, and more importantly just in time for the snow.

Gahhh tell me about it. It's amazing how one can go all day without a single dent on the hardest trails at Evans, but then flop on the easiest when trying to help someone else out. Irony at it's best.

My goal was to finish this bad boy in time for the snow...looks like I'll have just enough time to tighten her up a bit to be in tip top shape for snow. Thanks for the kind words everyone!

~Scott

dangle.jpg

Ummm...help. haha 15 degrees...I think my t-case hates me.

~Scott

Scott,
What is your axle pinion angle?

You might be able to eliminate or at least take some of the strain off the joints by playing with this even without the SYE.

Michael

Isn't this all the stuff from your old rig? Weird it didn't vibe in that but does in the new rig.

Almost. I had shackle relocation brackets that I didn't put on the last rig...but I did on this rig. So the rear end is a little more than an inch taller.

And yeah Michael, I plan on an SYE but what do you mean by playing with stuff? Right now I'm just confirming I can do a hack n tap and use an auto driveshaft (off my old rig) with the 8.8 flange.

~Scott

Yeah my first XJ was a 4 door...and technically, my wallet misses that one.

The shackle relocation brackets are HDEngineering, search on here...they're pretty much a NAXJA oriented company.

~Scott

Scott, what spline count is your Tcase?

Scott, what spline count is your Tcase?

Well from my understanding all of the output shafts are the same 27 splines. I have a 242 so I have to do a hack n tap regardless. I'm thinking tonight I'll order the Ironrock offroad seal kit and yoke for about $200 and use my stock front driveshaft off the other rig.

~Scott

Well from my understanding all of the output shafts are the same 27 splines. I have a 242 so I have to do a hack n tap regardless. I'm thinking tonight I'll order the Ironrock offroad seal kit and yoke for about $200 and use my stock front driveshaft off the other rig.

~Scott

I was asking input, sorry.

Back