• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mudding under the powerlines???

Most Transmission corridors are easements across private lands. The easement language is specific to the electric utility use. Neither the owner of the land or the easement normally grants permission for any other use. Same principals apply to Transmission corridors on public lands as well, except that you might have a right to access the public lands under the transmission corridor for another legitimate purpose.

On Federal Lands, the utilities have to do environmental clearance on all access routes to and along the line. It is amazing how many endangered bugs, birds, bunnies, and flowers suddenly move into these corridors. Driving along or doing routine maintenance on the line then really inconveniences all of evolutionary challenged things. Mud bogging under the transmission corridor is not very PC.

Coming from another NE boy, NOTHING is legal in NH or in MA when it comes to power lines, I've only seen one trail that is ok to do but theres still alot of grey area, and I agree don't go asking around if it's cool to go "muddin" on potential private land, it's an easy way to go a no everytime.

do not wheel power lines, unless it's a cheap "throw down" rig. I had a postal jeep we used around Houston. I can walk away from it. If they don't chase me, if so, I can run. I worked in an industry that accesses the right of way cuts. Nothing worse than being stuck in someone else's ruts. I'm sure you can see the guy in the stock 4x4s point

Back