• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mt Aetna

chattacuda

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know if Mt Aetna is still open for wheeling? I did a search and saw some indications it may have closed in 2010. But I also saw where WeRock has a gig coming up there next weekend on a 'lease' area. I rode up there years ago. Looking for a place closer and cheaper than Winrock to take the grandkids with fourwheelers and the XJ.

Aetna is open, couple months ago saw in the newspaper that the "access road" could not be closed... I only know of entering this way (through fancy neighborhood) there is another public way, or through the lease side. If you go through neighborhood, there is no where to park if you trailer there... In the past we have used cracker barrel, taco bell and walmart parking lots nearby, and just drive jeep on up.

The cove is a nice place to ride, as mentioned; if on a 4 wheeler better have helmet, as 95% of terrain is rock.

TracyCity041.jpg

P5010052.jpg

you can imagine what the next foto looks like...
P5010053.jpg

I live about 15 miles from aetna. it gets slippery after it rains in places but a great open place to ride atv,jeeps,buggies whatever. lemme know if anybody wants to go i know my way around pretty well up there but ive never seen the waterfall in that picture. can you give me an idea where its at in relation to the peanut butter hole?

thanks for the responses. I will pm you guys on details on where to go in. thanks again.

peanut butter hole is in Aetna.. the waterfall in the Cove

Back