• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

mpg

bone stock 2000 w/aw4 16 city, 19.5 hwy.
now with 33's and 4.88's 13-14 city 15-16 hwy at best with calibrated speedometer.
I'm easy on the skinny pedal.

i got you all beat. 1990 lardeo, 4.5" lift, 35's, stock axels and gearing. 8 MPG HWY... yahooooooooo thank god gas is so cheap. not

Smittty9785 said:
i got you all beat. 1990 lardeo, 4.5" lift, 35's, stock axels and gearing. 8 MPG HWY... yahooooooooo thank god gas is so cheap. not

Now this is the most realistic one I've seen all day!!!

ha ha ha think im joking... www.cencalxj.com how bout them apples buddy? soon to throw a 44 up front and hp9" rear

85 2 door XJ, 2.5, 3 speed auto, 4.88's, 12.5/33 TSL's with a CARBURATOR..(gasp)...16 around town, 20 on the interstate. And it has A/C on all the time..yes a rig with A/C...LOL...well this is Florida!

91 MJ street truck, 4.0 AW-4, 3.55's, 245/70-15's, A/C on all the time...15 in town...19 on the interstate...it's funny...around town, driving technique does not change the MPG....it's gonna get around 15 whether i tiptoe or leadfoot...

Smittty9785 said:
ha ha ha think im joking... www.cencalxj.com how bout them apples buddy? soon to throw a 44 up front and hp9" rear

There was never any doubt.
You're one of the few I actually believe:D

98, 4.0, AW4, 3.55's, 4" lift, 31's, corrected speedo.... I get 12-13 city, 15-16 Highway. I am alittle heavy on the gas, but even when I baby it it doesnt seem to matter much. Its been tuned, O2's replaced, Seafoamed, T-body cleaned and slightly opened up, trans fluid and filter changed, new cat and Dynomax cat-back....It runs strong and smooth.

I dont want to call anyone a liar, but I have a hard time believing some of the numbers posted here. I think I could do alittle better with some tweaking here and there but, cant see how I could get a significant jump to some of the numbers posted here on similar setups. Guess Im just jelious.....

I have a '00 XJ with 57k, 6.5" long arm, 33" MTR's, 4:10's w/lockers. Corrected speedo/odo. I do a lot of around town driving (moderate traffic lights, averaging 45mph in between lights....12 miles on way to work) and I filled up and calculated my mileage this morning. I averaged 17mpg. I'm never in a hurry to get anywhere, so I'm not romping the accelerator. My mileage actually went UP 2 mpg with the 10% ethanol. Wierd.

Highway, if I stay around 65mph, I average 20mpg. Over 65 and mileage takes a dump.

i get about 17-18 mpg when i use good fuel. if i fill up with am/pm it's much worse. 33's 4.56's , locker, 5 speed, banks header, flowmaster 50 series. my jeep weighs alot too about 4600 pounds. it depends on how i drive the tach. if i keep it under 2500 in 5th gear i'm at about 70. that's plenty fast for me in the jeep. over 2500 and it starts eating gas. when it was bone stock the best i ever saw was around 20mpg. also when i changed from 33x12.50's to 10.50's i saw an increase in mileage.

Back