• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moving to Lincoln City, Oregon coast

in2fords

NAXJA Forum User
I just moved to medford and Im moving allready!!
Anyody near there? Im looking for a place to live right now but dont really know the area that well.
I need to be in Lincoln within 2 weeks so Im realing hustling for a place, wouldnt be so bad if it was just me but my fiancee and our 3 cats are all going.
What kind of things are fun to do there? My jeep has yet to arrive from Hawaii so i cant go play yet but wouldnt mind meeting someone.
Aloha, Jeremy

hmm, Lincoln city is a nice town, nothing like hawaii but none the less its nice. i visit there atleast a few times a year.

Yeah, we went up there to check it out couple weeks ago. I really like it, just used to the salt air breeze I guess.
my biggest problem right now is where to find a decent place to live. I dont know the area that well so I dont know where the expensive area ends. I only can afford about $700/month and would like 2 bedrooms but can live with a 1 bedroom. Im looking on the net for rentals but havent had much luck and dont know what towns are close enough to drive to work.
does anybody know the name of the paper there?

Well, i don't know to much about rental prices, i know homes on Devils lake can be a spendy area, lincoln city has alot of tourism, with that said, property values are higher aswell. $700 for a two bedroom sounds reasonable in some parts of Portland, but an uneducated guess tells me thats gonna be a budget for a 1bedroom in LC,

I do have to say, if i had to choose a beach town on the oregon coast to live in, Lincoln city would be it! stay away from seaside, its over-hyped!

Thanks for the info.
I really like the town, must be cause its like Hawaii. Tourists, salt air and high prices. My fiancee got a position offered to her to go there and they gave the right price. I've been looking at the towns nearby and rent isnt to bad.

My family has a beach house on Devils Lake, so with that I spoke with my step-father who owns the house about your question. He said the area behind Burger King might be your best shot for the lower costs'. He also said anything with no views of any water, or access to. Good luck and have fun when you make the final move. I would love to move there myself.

cool deal, Thanks man

Im getting all my stuff together to enlist in the army, I figure by the time Im ready to enlist, go thru WTC and courses then get back fom my first deployment it will be longer then 2 years. My fiancee has made a 2 year commitment to work at the Lincoln PacSun store, fom there who knows where we'll go.

Back