• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moving to Coeur d'Alene, Idaho

chucky

NAXJA Forum User
Any naxja members up there? I am assuming that Idaho would be part of the Northwest chapter? Just bought an XJ a few months ago. I love it. Can't wait to throw some more money into it once I figure all these options out.

Whats the job market look like ?

Yup, that's NWC up here. :)

Post up in the NW forum and I'm sure you'll get a bigger response. There's a few out your way in CDA and Spokane.

Job market is OK...depends on your skills. I work in Spokane Valley in the electronics/contract assy biz. I have a 25 min commute from CDA...@ 70MPH.

Housing has gone WAY up but you can still get decent deals outside of town.

It's a terrible place to live. Stay far far away.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's what I told people when they found out we had bought a home here last year. I told them it's was full of methlabs and the aryan nations and the only reason I came up wa to hunt and fish.

CDA is nice and some of the surrounding areas are nicer.

Now that we have moved up, we're suprised at how crowded and quickly over developed it's getting. There's too many a-wipe Californians that drive Hummers, hate guns and call the cops (instead of talking to you) if they think your dog barks too loud.

We were going to get up into Cougar Gulch but now we're looking up in the Wallace area to get away from CDA. We're also looking at Montana.

I'd hate to have another bad commute...I left CA for a lot of reasons and that was one of them!

Biernuts said:
Now that we have moved up, we're suprised at how crowded and quickly over developed it's getting. There's too many a-wipe Californians that drive Hummers, hate guns and call the cops (instead of talking to you) if they think your dog barks too loud.
I and most people will tell you how anoying the transplants are and how the city is getting too big. Traffic is a nightmare sometimes in the summer because the roads weren't built to handle this many people.

Native Pride!!:farmer:

Back