• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moving into a new apartment June 3rd, could use some help

Julio, if you don't have that much to move, consider a trailer from Uhaul. I hauled an entertaintment center a TV and a fridge and had some room left for like a small table and some chairs with some boxes. It ran me 60 bucks along with a 10k dollar policy on it.
A truck, I think will run well over that price given that it's by the miles on top of gas.
Trailers are unlimited miles. :wave:

True dat! Might consider that instead of the truck. thanks for the heads up!

Mike do you need help on Friday?

Friday I get keys to the place and could use help trucking boxes and everything else non-furniture back and forth, yes.

Friday I get keys to the place and could use help trucking boxes and everything else non-furniture back and forth, yes.

I can provide the back of a Cherokee and my small utility trailer.

Let me know a time and a place.

I know this may have been asked but how far are you moving? Could you get by with a trailer? I have a friend who may have a 16' car trailer we could use if it would help with not having to rent a truck. Not sure if it's at his shop or not so i'd have to ask. Let me know.

im moving from north torrance to south torrance. with enough pickups and a trailer i bet we could get by without renting a truck. I don't have much furniture i was only renting a truck because i don't have a vehicle any of it would fit in.

it's about 8 miles, this is more or less the route http://goo.gl/maps/k6Ua I have nothing in the way of straps to hold stuff down on a trailer though.

Copy that if its a local move 29.95 tailgate trailer and the ramp trailer is 34.95 both are 6x12 open and yes trailers are per day and no miles

My move would be from LA to compton for no more than 11 miles. I would really like to rent a big ass truck and fit it all in in one attempt. At least, for all the furniture as the rest is boxes and shit that can fit in the Honda. Do you work for Uhaul? I could use a hook up :p

does 9am work for everyone?

old address is:

16745 S Crenshaw, torrance 90504

if you are going to show up past 10:30 call or text me to find out if we are still there or making the first run to the new place. my number is on the first page of the socal recovery thread.

i'll be there after i wake up and drink enough coffee to safely drive. ;)

i hate to get moving that early but I need to get at least all the furniture moved over on sunday, the rest is whatever i can take that by car in 100 trips if i have to. everything that can't be hauled out by one person needs to be out of the apartment by 10pm sunday night.

My move would be from LA to compton for no more than 11 miles. I would really like to rent a big ass truck and fit it all in in one attempt. At least, for all the furniture as the rest is boxes and shit that can fit in the Honda. Do you work for Uhaul? I could use a hook up :p

I"m a Gm and run the Uhaul in SB. What day are you planning to move? Not trying to jack Grimms thread hit the back channel for more detail. 26' is the biggest truck we have

does 9am work for everyone?

old address is:

16745 S Crenshaw, torrance 90504

if you are going to show up past 10:30 call or text me to find out if we are still there or making the first run to the new place. my number is on the first page of the socal recovery thread.

That go for Friday too?

Stephan if you want to help me truck boxes back and forth 9am friday is fine with me. I'll be packing up the car right around that time for the first run over. if you want to wait until a little later so traffic dies down that is fine with me just call or text me.

Just FYI also my saturn is too low to the ground to pull into the parking area so a trailer is out. parking is a pain in the ass but there is a red zone right in front we can use to unload. there is also a park right behind the apartment we can park the trucks in and hand stuff over a 4 or 5ft brick wall right out of the back of a pickup truck.

Back