• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moved from Arizona...anyone in Leadville? Want an EZ-up tent?

akelts

NAXJA Forum User
Wife works for the mining industry and we decided it was time for a change so we packed things up and moved to Leadville. I see a lot of XJs up here and wondered if anyone was in the club.

I also have the Arizona chapters EZ-up tent if this chapter can use it they can have it.

Here is an old pic of my rig:

Nothing fancy...ten year old 4.5 inch RE lift with coil spacers up front and control arm drop brackets. TJ rubicon dana 44 front (I think) and XJ 44 with detroit locker rear. Trimmed fenders for 33" tires.

I also have an 1988 XJ wagoneer with just 115000 miles that spent its life in Arizona and have a 2.5" lift with 30" all terrains.

Hoping to meet some of you in April for the Chinaman run. Only go on a couple runs a year since the boys (1 yr and 4 yrs came along).

Carbondale here, it's a bit far in the winter, but when Indy Pass opens, Leadville is only about 1.5 hours away.

We mostly live on the front range, with a few people scattered around. My kid used to say, "Drive down a bumpy road, dada." One of the few times he was cute. :) A one year old is a bit of work. Unless something breaks, I'll see you at Chinamans.

Welcome. The chapter could probably use the tent. I will talk to the guys.

If you are ever in Loveland, look me up. I will kill the fatted calf and we can have a burnt offering. You will have to make it to ColoradoFest. It is less than an hour south of you. It will be a great intro to a bunch of Colorado Trails.

You will love Leadville from spring through fall but the winters can be a bitch.

Last edited:
You will love Leadville from spring through fall but the winters can be a bitch.

Yeah we picked the wrong time of year to move up here. The locals have told me this is the worst winter that Leadville has had in decades....I am from northern Michigan originally so I am just getting reacquainted with the snow again. At least it is sunny here in the winter. There are a ton of XJs and cool old 4x4s to look at anyway.

its lame down here, but the mountains are buried... the drive from Gunnison over Monarch the other day as nearly the death of me...

Welcome!

Worst as in no snow? I swear this had been the lamest winter in awhile.

That pic looks like a sweet trail!

Here at 10000' we have tons of snow....most of it fell in December and January.

Worst as in no snow? I swear this had been the lamest winter in awhile.

That pic looks like a sweet trail!

It was a sweet trail out by Table Mesa Arizona. My rig was not really ready for it at the time...but I made it somehow. All the trail names out there are named after Schwarzenegger movies. Cant remember the name of this one for sure now...Collateral Damage maybe?

Back