• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mounting Hella 500's

YXwhenUcanFAB?

NAXJA Forum User
Ive looked through a ton of readers pictures and serched......
Is there room to drill and mount a set of Hella 500's on the stock front bumper of an XJ, and get them all adjusted?? It looks like there may not be enough room between the bumper and the face of the grill.

Most newer cherokee's dont have holes... My 98 dont and so does my friends 99. they both are sport's

Sweet!!! Thanks for the info guys! I was looking this morning, no holes on my 2000 classic. Nothing my Dewalt and a drill bit cant fix. Looks like ive got something to do this weekend!

aug15004.jpg

jeepsonmay72006013.jpg

I thought these might help you out.

if you tighten them down, yes they stay aimed, but becareful when you are under the hood that you don't bump them.

Provide plenty of long range light and don't have that annoying dark spot in the middle of the beam. pretty durable as well

Here's one of my buddies jeep. 157db doesn't move them

TimsJeep.jpg

Here's mine they stayed aimed but i blew a relay that day

Stuck2-1.jpg

the issue with keeping them aimed came for me after a while of abuse, the bushing just doesnt hold like it used to. .
otherwise... for the price... unbeatable, the optics are surprising. i like mine
definately go w/ the driving pattern

I use the fogs and they are awesome, they put a very wide, very bright pattern of light around the whole front of the jeep. In daytime I see them better than the Hella H4 headlights. Here's a pic showing the gap, and the new guards

Hella_500FF_Guards.jpg

Last edited:
Back