• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Motivation ride- 12/15 Rausch Creek

This will obviously depend on who shows and how many, but we never really talked about what we are running and whos going to lead? Might be better to iron out now then that morning standing there in the cold. ...im up for blue and some blacks possible..this will be the first time out with this thing. But as long as it makes it back to the trailer ill be happy lol

I'm happy to lead a blue-black group.

I typically park in a noticeable spot ... walk around and tell people to get in line if they want to run blues-blacks .... and then start driving once four or five rigs are in line. Seems to work pretty well.

No kids for this trip. They don't really like to wheel in cold weather.

Well, as much as I wanted to do this it looks like with the move the 12/15 I'm going to have to drop out - have plans for the 16-18th that require the 15th for preparations.

Should this ride be getting shared on FB or otherwise with other groups? Im sure many are part of diffenent groups on FB and wasnt sure if it was something NAC wanted to be shared in all those? I.E Delaware Jeep, Eastern shore jeep, blue mountain, Infidiel Jeep...just wanted to clarify before I do or dont

Should this ride be getting shared on FB or otherwise with other groups? Im sure many are part of diffenent groups on FB and wasnt sure if it was something NAC wanted to be shared in all those? I.E Delaware Jeep, Eastern shore jeep, blue mountain, Infidiel Jeep...just wanted to clarify before I do or dont

I shared it to a few XJ groups in the mid-atlantic: Virginia XJ Group, Diamond State [DE] XJ Forum, Maryland Cherokee Club, PA Cherokee Club, Garden State [NJ] Jeep Cherokee XJs. Right now we are 222 Interested so visibility seems pretty good. I'd rather not jam all the general groups, and I have not ever gotten anything from doing it, but feel free to share to whoever / wherever you think there are people who would be interested.

Don't know if we'll get many more people anyway, since its so close to Xmas.

Was trying to come up for the day and hitch a ride with somebody but doesn't look like it's gonna happen. Finally taking a vacation this year and leaving the next morning

...on the "boo" note, can I get those who are coming to confirm that? We're getting close, and we are planning to provide a hot lunch for those who do make it.
Probably at this point, I'm looking at making some of my chicken chili for everyone (don't worry, it's not a poopy making type of chili)..along with some buttered rolls and some other side, perhaps. Bottled water is part of the plan, other than that, you're on your own.
Help me feed you.
Rich

...on the "boo" note, can I get those who are coming to confirm that? We're getting close, and we are planning to provide a hot lunch for those who do make it.
Probably at this point, I'm looking at making some of my chicken chili for everyone (don't worry, it's not a poopy making type of chili)..along with some buttered rolls and some other side, perhaps. Bottled water is part of the plan, other than that, you're on your own.
Help me feed you.
Rich

you should mark yourself as going ;)

We'll be hard pressed to get three rigs to show up if it's cold and rainy.

I'll have three even if no one from NAXJA shows up. :laugh:

Heavy rain, frigid cold, blistering heat - nothing deters us.

I can't say I don't bitch and complain about it all day, but I still go. :rof:

LoL!!

I've realized that I am a fair weather wheeler. I've certainly had fun days in the snow, rain, and cold ..... but I much prefer the Spring, Summer, and Fall.

Maybe I'm just getting old.

Back