• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Most Scenic in So Cal

If your coming to the desert you better hurry... we should hit tripple digits by next weekend... soon it'll be time to head for higher elev.
The Anza Borrego Cyns. mentioned are neat trips...

Curt

Maz said:
Googling I found this trail called Indian Truck Trail. Seemed like a nice scenic trail. Has anyone been on it?
Yeah, it's basically a fire road but has some little offshoots that can be fun. The trail travels up to and along the ridgeline that separates orange county from Riverside county in the south. It's very scenic.

jeeperjohn said:
Yeah, it's basically a fire road but has some little offshoots that can be fun. The trail travels up to and along the ridgeline that separates orange county from Riverside county in the south. It's very scenic.

Sounds like a trail perfect for me. Thanks

xL8 APEKSx said:
I'd love to put a vote in for Death Valley. Exploring the old ghost towns and mine shafts is so fun to me. Lots of history up there. I'd be game! Actually, I will probably be planning a trip there in June or July anyway. These are from my old Montero club, I think it was Thanksgiving 2004. The trails are fun, but pretty mild at the same time. We camped in Ballarat. There are also two public-use cabins that are free and pretty well-equipped (fridge, stove, etc). The colors at sunset and sunrise were AMAZING...

X2..... I was waiting until I got my heep lifted to put together a run through Mengal pass..... I took my GMC up to Barker Ranch last Feb and had a ball..

Original_MudButt said:
X2..... I was waiting until I got my heep lifted to put together a run through Mengal pass..... I took my GMC up to Barker Ranch last Feb and had a ball..

I would love to do Death Vally, Buy it's already to hot.

Look up Virgina Dale out by 29 palms... Some real cool old gold, copper mines out there.. Used to go every once in a while as a kid with the 4wd club... Its off Gold Crown road if I recall right...

Clean-RC said:
Look up Virgina Dale out by 29 palms... Some real cool old gold, copper mines out there.. Used to go every once in a while as a kid with the 4wd club... Its off Gold Crown road if I recall right...

Or stay on the I-10 and go in at Cottonwood Cyn. just east of Indio... bad thing is you'll have to enter the Old Dale Dist via the J.T. Nat. Park so there is a fee.

Curt

Where... I'd have to look at the calendar to see whats going on...
I might be up for a ride... depends on where also...

Curt

If there is a lot of close to stock vehicles we could do Clark's Summit, its a 30 mile trail.
Rattlesnake Canyon would be cool, I have only done that on a Bike. Just don't want to do a trail that will be done in a hour.

I used to visit the Old Dale Mines about 25 yrs ago. Went way down in one on this old wooden ladder with every other rung broken or missing or loose. Had a blast and found alot of chrysacola (looks kinda like turquoise). There are some mines up in Big Bear on the Gold Fever Trail, the remains of an old saloon, a hangman's tree, small cabin (pigmy cabin).
Here are a couple pics of a side trip I took after running Gold Mountain.

MineWarning.JPG

OldMine.JPG

OldMineLookingOut.JPG

BajaCurt said:
I used to visit the Old Dale Mines about 25 yrs ago. Went way down in one on this old wooden ladder with every other rung broken or missing or loose. Had a blast and found alot of chrysacola (looks kinda like turquoise). There are some mines up in Big Bear on the Gold Fever Trail, the remains of an old saloon, a hangman's tree, small cabin (pigmy cabin).
Here are a couple pics of a side trip I took after running Gold Mountain.

MineWarning.JPG

OldMine.JPG

OldMineLookingOut.JPG

Yeah, Ive been there.

Ive been to this one too or one similar.

FordGuy said:
If there is a lot of close to stock vehicles we could do Clark's Summit, its a 30 mile trail.
Rattlesnake Canyon would be cool, I have only done that on a Bike. Just don't want to do a trail that will be done in a hour.

So when is this happening..??? I would like to get the wife out for a nice ride..

Back